bloating

Help Support Steer Planet:

showcattlegal

I sold a steer to some people this year. We wormed him in mid march, he bloated and got really sick after we wormed him. He was getting better now he bloats about every 3 days. He hasn't had anything different in grain or hay. It's a really good steer and they have been tagged in already so we can't get another one. please help.
Thanks
Lacey

red

Lacey- we feed this to chronic bloaters:

Mix:
5.5 pounds Rumensin (3 grams)
.75 pound Tylan 10
3.75 pounds dry molasses
Feed 2 ounces of the mixture per head per day. 1 ounce in morning & 1 ounce in evening.
Red

red

It's an antibiotic. Comes in different forms but this is dry for mixing in feed.

Red

red

Make sure you read the label but I think there is no withdrawl time. But please doublecheck me on that one!!

Red

Clubcalfshowgirl

showcattlegal said:
I sold a steer to some people this year. We wormed him in mid march, he bloated and got really sick after we wormed him. He was getting better now he bloats about every 3 days. He hasn't had anything different in grain or hay. It's a really good steer and they have been tagged in already so we can't get another one. please help.
Thanks
Lacey

Make sure LOTS of hay! And when my steers start getting bigger i feed them 1 tsp of non colored and non bleach no scent twice a day in with there feed.
When i fed soap i have not got a bloat when there on it.I had a heifer that if she was stalled she would bloat so i fed her the soap and she quit bloating.

Latest posts