BLUE ROAN HEIFER - MICHIGAN BEEF EXPO - SOLD!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

Blue roan heifer selling at the Michigan Beef Expo - sired by the immortal Shorthorn bull "Gizmo" this Shorthorn Plus (can be registered Maintainer) female is out of an almost faultless  purebred Maine cow - long spined, big hipped, slick fronted and correct this heifer should work in the show ring and  go home to be a fertile, functional female. Out of our "fruit family" of very productive cows her dam,  Kumquat, is  11 years old with a calf every spring and some embryos in between time! Daughters and granddaughters are working for us and bulls have made their mark for J Clough, J Paulsen and N Rogers. We think the “Gizmo” combination is a winner- should work in the show ring and TB accredited, Brucellosis certified, Johne’s Level 5 herd. Open heifer- OCV, THF, PHAF www.kaisercattle.com

Attachments

• Kumquat Blue 6 March 2011.jpg
    Kumquat Blue 6 March 2011.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Kumquat Blue inside March 6 2011.jpg
    Kumquat Blue inside March 6 2011.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Kumquat Blue wo halter March 6 2011.jpg
    Kumquat Blue wo halter March 6 2011.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 36

linnettejane

really nice heifer!  ya know i love those gizmo's!

so off subject, hope you dont mind, but i was checking out your webpage, and i love those calf coats!  where'd you get them?

DL

Ya miss me shortdawg?  ;) thanks I like the heifer a lot and I know LJ is fond of Gizmo - my Gizmo cow had a set of Blizzard heifer twins - my first purebred Shorties (Been told I am moving up in the world LOL) so life is good (but still cold here - zero tonight again) ugh

Calf coats - we make - created a pattern off the Woolover pattern - Woolovers work great for dairy calves but a beef cow tongue will lick that coat to pieces in a season :) Polar fleece works great - we had a wicked winter and btwn the calf warmer and the coats and some funky ear things all calves are thriving and most have all their ears :)

DL

Stutzmania said:
How much and location

Michigan Beef Expo Shorthorn sale - this weekend - Saturday April 2, 12 noon at the MSU Pavilion - East Lansing MI

Hi Doc - glad you like her - I'll stop by again some time :)

DL

Show tomorrow at 11 am sale on Sat at noon - stop by if you are in the neighborhood ;)

DL

Thanks to Grandview Farms, Jackson Michigan for the purchase of our heifer -  (clapping)