blue roan? maybe

Help Support Steer Planet:

KDSC

i have a heifer thats sire is 75% maine and 25% angus and her dam is 50% belgaine blue, 25 % simmy, and 25 % maine, so what percentag eof all those would she be? (cow) ???

also since she is a blue roan, i was figureing on breeding her to a shortie bull. so my question is what calving ease shorthorn bull, will add bone, hair, and some set to the back legs?? and if i bred her to a shortie bull, about how big of a chance will i have of it being a blue roan?(i know the outcome verys but what do you think) (cow)
thanks you and have a good night

CAB

Calf is a half blood Ma,quarter blood Bel.Blue, 1/8 An. & 1/8 blood SM. As for the roan deal, it's kind of  a crap shoot, but you will have a good chance if you breed her to a calving ease SH bull.

shortyjock89

Here are some pretty good Shorthorn bulls that throw good calves out of heifers:

Jake's Proud Jazz (probably the crowd favorite here)

CCC Gold Rush

ELBEE Wymore

and just for a twist, PB Kryptonite

Joe Boy

CAB hit it right on....

I have three blue roan cows.  Only one of them had a blue roan calf this year....

Good luck...

shortyjock89

I'm not sure what (if any) major semen suppliers have those bulls.

Diamond M Shorthorns of Illinois owns Gold Rush

ELBEE Farms owns Wymore

Leemon Stock Farm and Payne Shorthorns own(ed) Kryptonite before he died.  If you contact them, they probably have some semen left.

garybob

KDSC said:
do you know of any pictuers?
If you find an old July-05 Shorthorn Country, Kryptonite will be in there. One of the Beefiest, most Masculine , best-footed Trump Sons, if not, He was THE best out of all of 'em.

GB

shortyjock89

garybob said:
KDSC said:
do you know of any pictuers?
If you find an old July-05 Shorthorn Country, Kryptonite will be in there. One of the Beefiest, most Masculine , best-footed Trump Sons, if not, He was THE best out of all of 'em.

GB

GB, I didn't know you felt so strongly about good ol' Kryptonite.  We are still using him, and we have had good luck with him. Have you ever used him?
Also, what did you think of his two sons, Macho Man and Wrangler..they are full sibs.  Macho Man was sold at Polled Congress when it was in IL.  Kryptonite will sire some really good cowy-looking females that can also be shown very successfully.