Blue Roan Shorthorn Bull- Me 'n My Accelerator 24A

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hilltop

Here is my 3/4 shorthorn blue roan yearling bull. His sire is ACC General 4U, and his dam is a shorthorn simmental cross (daughter of Diamond First Elsie 1F). He was born February 11/13, his birthweight was 88 lbs. On December 15th he weighed 1010 lbs. Today, at 10.5 months, his scrotal measurement was 35 cm. He is selling in the Sun Country Bull and Female Sale; March 27/14.
                          Lil Hilltop

Attachments

• Accel.JPG
    Accel.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Accelerator- Sadie.jpg
    Accelerator- Sadie.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 280

kiblercattle

I like his looks a lot! His color is hard to look at in the pic makes him hard to pick apart.

mark tenenbaum

Just talking about blue roan Simms on another thread-I think he looks like a vey usefull bull-and I bet a commercial guy steps up on him. From an outsiders point of view-the Canadians seem to have a more educated view of using crossbred cattle in the non-show world. Although the female "club calves" Ive seen from people like the Songers sure look like breeding cattle to me O0

Hilltop

His sire has been posted on here before but here he is ACC General 4U, and his maternal grandam Diamond first Elsie 1F

Attachments

• Elsie 2009.jpg
    Elsie 2009.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 245
  • ACC General 4U.jpg
    ACC General 4U.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 249

Duncraggan

mark tenenbaum said:
Duncraggan said:
IMO, if it wasn't an ET calf it was a waste of a Shorthorn pregnancy!//// How do you prove a breeds commercial worth to anyone without showing how they cross on other breeds of cattle? O0
You don't mongrelized your best cow! :-\

Hilltop

Duncraggan said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Duncraggan said:
IMO, if it wasn't an ET calf it was a waste of a Shorthorn pregnancy!//// How do you prove a breeds commercial worth to anyone without showing how they cross on other breeds of cattle? O0
You don't mongrelized your best cow! :-\
I will comment for Lil Hilltop here. When Ol Elsie 1F came to us she was bred that way and unfortunately she never got in calf again or produced any embryos, so the mother of her bull she will be selling was the last natural calf out of the old girl. The cow has produced all blues so far even when she was bred to a bull with red up high in the pedigree and all have been good calves.

We are quite happy with the cross and actually plan on flushing our Winegum cow to a black or black blaze simmi in april if her next flush goes good!! 

Latest posts