bodacious

Help Support Steer Planet:

rasor club calves

I have a simmi cow that i am breeding tomorow. I have some bodacious semen and i wanted to now if he can clean up necks and sheath areas in his  calves. The cow has had 2 calves for me. one is out of a simmi bull and was not very clean at all in his neck. He had a sheath like a brahma. This years calf is a walks alone. He is similar to last year but he has more bone. but neaither had good hair not even the walks alone. The main thing i want to breed out is the loose neck and sheath. thanks for any input.

Ohio1

I'm not sure on the sheath but they can be sloppy fronted Matt even said watch the front ends on them in one of his videos but he should add hair and power for sure

Diamond

I have the same issue with my simmi cow, she throws great calves with the hair but get heavy on that frount end...I bred her to monoply2

Warrior10

Carlson Cattle said:
is he gonna bring so big power to the table. power up the calves he throws?
I have a ChiAngus cow that has had calves from both Copyright and Bojo. Both heifers were great breeding heifer prospects, but just needed a touch more power. So I bred her to Bodacious and she is due Feb 22....so I should be able to report back how it worked for me within a week or so.

Tyler

I've had a couple calves out of him... definitely won't make them prettier but I do like the power and structural correctness he puts in them especially the set to their hind legs.  I also thought the calves were a little more compact (shorter bodied) than my personal preference.

Just had a 105 lb bull calf out of him 3 days ago, the cow has never had a big calf in her 11 years here.  Haven't heard any calving problems otherwise but something to keep in mind.

easttex

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
Carlson Cattle said:
I have a ChiAngus cow that has had calves from both Copyright and Bojo. Both heifers were great breeding heifer prospects, but just needed a touch more power. So I bred her to Bodacious and she is due Feb 22....so I should be able to report back how it worked for me within a week or so.

Not trying to hi-jack the post, but how was your copyright calves? Where they big ribbed, deep bodied, and appox birth weight? Thanks in advance.

sizzler14

Carlson, I have read like 10 posts where you comment "do you think he will add power". Why dont you start a thread asking "who will add power?" and an FYI, A lot of clubbies will give you power..

Warrior10

LHB Farms said:
Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
Carlson Cattle said:

Not trying to hi-jack the post, but how was your copyright calves? Where they big ribbed, deep bodied, and appox birth weight? Thanks in advance.
PM sent.

Latest posts