Bodacious

Help Support Steer Planet:

sizzler14

After watching the Denver video I fell in love with him and as I was ordering semen last march I had seen some super good babies So i went ahead and breed to him. I bred a moderate-to-big framed strictly business cow to him and an 1800 sow of an angus cow that actually is real thick to him. Both are sound cows. I have been reading on here where people keep saying he throws nothing but cripples. I went to a show where a bodacious heifer was reserve market heifer and seemed real sound. What is everyones experience? Kinda got me worried, I have always prided myself in breeding super sound cattle, and after I read his description they stat where he was real sound. Is he throwing a lot of cripples? is he throwing any belly? Thanks

Quick fire

I haven't noticed crips on the ones I have seen, but some super sloppy necks. I just think there are some better bulls but he has had some nice ones.

sizzler14

The heifer in pic, I bred her mother to bodacious. both cows are jet fronted so lets hope their calves get it from their mothers  ;) I am glad you havent seen many crips either. I have seen probably 20 bodacious and the ones I saw seemed okay...

STAL19

I don't think all the talk on here about him throwing a bunch of cripples is very accurate. I've never personally seen one anyways. But I have a bodacious x who made who bull that is pretty darn sound. Also expecting 2 in April from a bleeding purple cow and an I am legend cow.

Warrior10

I'll let you know in about a month! Bred him to one of my better cows, a bigger ChiAngus cow that needs some power.

SUL1

I had a heifer out of bodacious this last fall she is a nice calf and she is sound as a cat I will have her on here for sale in a week or so she has lots of color to

grandchamp58

someone in our county has a bodacious steer this year. Personally, i do not like him. He is extremely round in his hip and has an extremely small top. However, he is pretty sound and extremely stout. I have also seen another bodacious this year and man was he ugly. He had a mostly-rat tail and his face was convex like mature bulls. He had about no hair and his overall shape was okay. But he was pretty sound. Those are only two animals and i know Bodacious has thrown some good ones. I hope you have good luck!

Diamond

The first one I have due for this year is a bodacious. I used him on a super freak fronted cow, so im curious to see what I get