Bojo Female

Help Support Steer Planet:

dimebag

Looking for calving ease Angus bull suggestions for this Bojo x PB Charolais heifer and a Troubadour grandaughter .. the heifer was raised by Freddy .

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 146

dimebag

The Troubadour grandaughter

Attachments

• IMG00429-20130418-1934.jpg
    IMG00429-20130418-1934.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 131

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
YOUR heifers have done well ,what is the name of Troubador son .....Proven calving ease bull. have some Northern Gun semen would give you ,if you wanted to pay shipping... He works fairly well on  X- bred heifers ,might have to assist some ,X bred heifers are unpredictable some time with their genetics ....We use NG & Final answer, Sitz  Dash, V D A R REALLY WINDY 4097  AND    C C A EMBLAZON 702  and these bulls happen to be mostly Accelerated bulls ..........

dimebag

Thanks Mr Fred , i will take a look at those bulls . do you know if any suppliers down here carry Northern Gun ? the bojo heifer is doing well , has had plenty of friends here .

chambero

Bovine Elite carries several Duff bulls. Any of them would work. 

Interestingly, they also carry GCC Black Watch.  We bought an Anchor son out of the same cow Black Watch is out of.  For several years running, that cow had Griswold's highest selling Angus bull.  We used our bull on heifers for several years running and they spit them out just fine and the heifer calves we kept back are making fine mommas.

bluffcountrycattle

Try Bush's Unbelievable...we've had 2 calf crops, on all registered Angus cows.  Easy calving and excellent looks!  Nice fronted, and lots of rib.  There are several Unbelievable daughters pictured in the First Class Sale out of xbred genetics, and they look excellent as well.  Here is the link to the catalog that just came out...  http://www.rodgerscattle.blogspot.com/2013/11/first-class-female-sale_20.html  Good Luck!

dimebag

Thanks Chambero and BluffCountry for the suggestions , will check on those bulls .

CAB

We bred our 1st calf heifers to MCF & Horsley Bros. bull, Journey this year & there have been a sprinkling of them born last spring hitting the sales this fall. SAV Brilliance x Rodman. Lots of talk about PVF raised bulls Insight and Radiance. You can go to PVF Farms website to see pictures of those two ful sib bulls. I also like the Unbelievable bull.

bluffcountrycattle

CAB...what have you heard on the Journey reports?  Saw a couple calves pictured on FB that look nice, but don't have any first hand experience.  Just curious...he was on our short list too!

CAB

The one's that I have seen I have really liked. Thought that I had a Journey x Saugahauchee heifer bought, but they rejected my bid. I saw the bull this spring and just loved how he was put together and decided to use him. Horsley's are using him fairly heavily and they always have good cattle. I will go see some Insight and Radiance calves this next spring and decide whether to keep on using Journey or the try those 2 bulls.