Bought a New Angus Bull Today

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

Actually, we've bought several over the last 6-7 months, but we did get a new one today I was able to get a photo of tonight.

This fella is about a solid frame 5, maybe a tad bit bigger, but built as deep and heavily muscled as a typical Ohlde type bull.  He's about 3.5 and bought him from a good friend that raised him and used him on his own cows for a couple of seasons.  He's out of Sitz Great Day and a cow with 6807 and EXT in her background.  I saw his first calves and really liked them and pounced on the opportunity to get him bought this morning.

Our biggest problem in our herd is we've lost some of our milking ability - not from use of show steer sires but just from keeping too many generations of crossbred cows.  In addition to buying some more Angus females, we're going back to Angus bulls on our higher % Angus cows to take them back to what others are calling Angus+ cattle (7/8 or better Angus).  Other bulls we've bought recently include a really nice OCC Jupiter son and an OCC Prestige son (both raised by Limestone). 

Attachments

• Wirz Evolution 972.JPG
    Wirz Evolution 972.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 608
  • Wirz Evolution 972 Closeup.JPG
    Wirz Evolution 972 Closeup.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 569

ruhtram

Looks like a really nice bull! Are you using him right away?

vc

Nice!! I cant believe how long he looks in the first picture, you have a really nice bull there.
He looks like he is ready to go to work.

chambero

He's on vacation till we put our bulls with cows in December.  We are a fall calving herd.

vanridge

If he stamps his calves to look the way he does, you should be having a good time at the auction mart!  (thumbsup)