Bowhunting

Help Support Steer Planet:

wrc

Yes I bowhunt and I can't wait till the season opens, Oct. 1 here.  i sold my compound the other day and am going to hunt with my recurve this year.  Good luck to  you on your hunts this year.

I am up here in Holmes County!(May be down to some people)! I heard that hunting with a recurve takes a lot of practice and time but i would be willing to ttry it! I am gettin a new athews Rezzen here when the fair is over! And yes those bucks better be hiding around Sept. 26!

I would but i dont like the design of the Monsters... i really dont like the really big curve on the limbs and it looks like they have split limbs... I am looking at the Reezen though.. i will use the money that i get from the fair (lol)

Ruby CC

Have been bow hunting for a couple of years.  Very busy during the fall, but it is a nice release when I can get time to go.  I harvested this buck two years ago between Kansas City and Louisville on the ranch.  Never have scored him, but after I shot him, I am hooked on bow hunting for life!

Attachments

• Nate Buck 2-2.JPG
    Nate Buck 2-2.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 164

Davis Shorthorns

Ruby CC said:
Have been bow hunting for a couple of years.  Very busy during the fall, but it is a nice release when I can get time to go.  I harvested this buck two years ago between Kansas City and Louisville on the ranch.  Never have scored him, but after I shot him, I am hooked on bow hunting for life!

That is a pretty big buck, also a pretty big area where it was harvested.  KC to Kentucky.  You must really want to keep your secrete spot hidden.  ;)  Great buck 

SmokesRule

This will be my first year of bowhunting. I am going to miss the first 6 days of early season (honeymoon), but will be in the woods as quick as i can after oct 6. I had always just used a shotgun (no rifle season in IN), but this year i got the itch to try shooting a bow. Now i shoot my bow as often as i can. I still consider myself a rookie, but i'm hooked on it. I can't wait to get my first crack at a P&Y buck.

Beau

Ruby CC

Should have been a little more clear, I shot him between the American Royal and the North American.  Time, not location ;)  Shot him on my farm, free range, good ol' southern Iowa whitetails!

oakbar

Nice buck, Nate!!  If you're ever up in the Northwood area and want to do a little hunting come on over to Oakbar!!

The attached pictures were actually taken a couple of years ago but we have deer bedded down in our yard almost every night.  Its always interesting during the rut to see how careless some of these bucks are.    The bucks pictured aren't that large but every year we seem to have a couple of big "line jumper" bucks who seem to know when the MN gun season is on they are safe on our property, but when the IA season starts they apparently become Minnesotans for a few days.  Consequently, they become pretty darn big!!

Can you identify the north Iowa animal in the last picture??

Attachments

• Bucks 07  2.JPG
    Bucks 07 2.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Bucks 07.JPG
    Bucks 07.JPG
    547.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 180px-Dolichotis_patagonum_-_profile.jpg
    180px-Dolichotis_patagonum_-_profile.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 164
Here are some of the nice bucks i have been seeing!

Attachments

• CDY_0011.JPG
    CDY_0011.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 156
  • CDY_0012.JPG
    CDY_0012.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 157
  • CDY_0013.JPG
    CDY_0013.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 163
  • CDY_0014.JPG
    CDY_0014.JPG