Bowl Game predictions!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

anybody got any predictions? Has your team played yet? If so what's the outcome?
Big question- Will Oh-io State go on to remain number uno?

Red (lol)  (lol) (pop) (pop) (pop)

aj

I am a K-State fan. As much as I hate it I think I am going to have to root for K.U. on the 3rd. Please,please don't tell anybody. ;)

shortyjock89

Sorry, OSU fans, but if Illinois can do it, so can LSU..Ohio State loses to LSU 21-10.

Illinois loses to USC 28-10

shortyjock89

CPL said:
shortyjock89 said:
Illinois loses to USC 28-10

I bet they put up more of a fight than that! GO ILLINI!

lol..I'm glad to see another Illini fan...I hope that we can put up more than that, but USC is dang good...

Jill

I am not a Mizzou or KU fan (we bleed purple at our house), but I am a big 12 fan, Mizzou kicked but, hope for the same from KU.

shortyjock89

farmboy said:
halfway thru 4th, usc 42>10 illini

Yeah, yeah, but we've come a long way from our 2-10 season last year. I 'll still bleed Orange and Blue lol.

shortdawg

I finally got to attend a UGA game this year and all I've got to say is how bout them DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!! We just manhandled Hawai'i. Next year we will be in the hunt.

TJ

shortdawg said:
I finally got to attend a UGA game this year and all I've got to say is how bout them DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!! We just manhandled Hawai'i. Next year we will be in the hunt.

Congrats on the blow out win!!  UGA has improved by leaps & bounds, but Hawaii was way overrated... they are average at best & probably wouldn't have even gone bowling had they played in the SEC.  Still, IMHO, UGA is looking very impressive & they deserve to be either #1 or #2 in the final poll. 

Yes, UGA should be in the hunt next year, but they will have to beat an improved bunch of "Swamp Lizards" from FL & an improved bunch of "Kittens" from KY, who will be showcasing another Elite QB (this one might be better).  ;)  Also, UT & USC-E should be pretty good too.  I think next year will be almost as interesting as this year in the SEC-E. 

TJ

Kentucky beat the Florida State Seminoles, despite 5 turnovers by UK.  Andre Woodson broke the SEC record for TD passes in a season with 40 (breaking Danny Wuerfell's previous record of 39) & he broke the career mark for TD's @ UK with 79 TD's. 

Next years outlook...

18 of the top 22 defensive players return. 
15 of the top 22 offensive players return.   

We also get a would've been starter @ DE back from injury.  And Curtis Pulley, the QB who actually beat out Andre Woodson in the spring of 2006, also returns to the team after leaving school for personal reasons & then he red shirted this year.  Pulley has been called the most athletic player on the team, multiple times by the coaching staff this year.  Unless something happens, look for him to be the suprise player in the SEC next season.  He might even make a run at the Heisman.  ;)

With Georgia & Florida being loaded & likely preseason top 5 teams, and South Carolina & Tennessee being solid, I'd guess that winning the SEC East would take a miracle.  However, the schedule is much more favorable & we will be a deeper team, more balanced team.  I can honestly can see Kentucky finishing 9-3 or 10-2 during the regualr season next year & that's not too bad, in my opinion.     

And unless we lose a few key players early to the NFL draft, watch out for UK to make some serious noise in 2009!!  ;)

TJ

BCS Championship game...

LSU is a romp over OSU.  It may not be as bad as last year, but I think that it is going to be bad.