Brad Hook needs our help!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Brad Hook, who is a cattle producer has entered the Today's Show anchor for a day contest. He needed to submit a video & needs our help in getting him through the next round. The following is a letter from him:

Attention: Everyone Rural and the Entire Show Cattle Family
I NEED A HUGE FAVOR! This is NO JOKE! Every morning after I get the wife and kids off to school I watch our local NBC TV station's morning news and then the TODAY SHOW, while I drink a pot of coffee to try and motivate myself for the day.

The Today Show was running a contest to submit a 2 minute video of yourself to try and earn a spot as an ANCHOR for Today, for a day. I thought it looked fun but didn't do it. Then, they started airing some that were sent in and they weren't very good. Since I had just bought some film production software for a new cattle venture, I thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring and see what happens.

Today at the Iowa Beef Expo, while I was getting our steer ready for the final drive, my cell phone rang and it was the Today Show telling me I had made it in the sweet 16 semi-finals and that I needed to fly to New York to be on the Today Show LIVE!

Here's where you come in. My Video airs this Tuesday against three others. If I win my day, then I get to stay until Monday to compete against the rest of the weekday winners. I'm asking us to bond together as the great rural people we are and pull an American Idol type voting pool for my video on TUESDAY. You can vote on the Today Show website or by texting. This will air between 9 and 10 am on TUESDAY of this week and I will be on WEDNESDAY LIVE! I promise I'll try and give our way of livin' the best NATIONAL COVERAGE it can get.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Sincerely,
Brad Hook

Here is Brad's Video.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17150789/

If you are going to be around & can vote, please do so! The video is not too bad, although I don't think Brad will win any swim suit contests! You can vote up till 5:00 P.M. EST today!
Red

justme

COME ON EVERYONE LET'S GET ONE OF "US" ON THAT SHOW!!! GET VOTING (pop)

cowz

Any one that sits by the pool in ice with a smile on his face gets my vote! (cow)

genes

I watched it and was actually able to just vote on the website.  It was cute (well the idea...not necessarily the swimsuit itself ;D)

red

Guess they put them through the paces on Monday & we get to meet the final four a little more then. voting must be Monday.
I'll have the link added when it's available.
Let's get out there & vote for a cattleman to represent us on the Today Show!

Red

RSC

Just thought I would bump this thread as it was one of my favorite memories of RED posting on here.  Wonder if JBH knows that she was having us push for him back then?

Tony

jbh

RSC said:
Just thought I would bump this thread as it was one of my favorite memories of RED posting on here.  Wonder if JBH knows that she was having us push for him back then?

Tony

No Tony....I didn't know this.....thanks for the bump.  I never joined SP until April 2008 and wish I could remember how I even heard about it.  I knew Breedersworld and Show Steers and many, many, many other(almost unimaginable) people were helping, but YES, that was typical of Red.

I still just keep replaying that Friday at the OBE.....looking up to see Red with that homemade cherry pie...plates...and silverware!!!  She showed me her new Nikon camera that was a much answered thread on here.....she introduced my wife and I to Woody.....and most of all SHE LOOKED LIKE THE PICTURE OF HEALTH!  Red and my wife discussed her struggle to get back to where she was at and ALL that she'd been through.

I didn't know Mark was there, but when Julie told me what he looked like, I did remember seeing him several times.  You just flat out NEVER KNOW what the next hour may bring!  The picture of Red and Woody was taken about 25 feet from our booth.  At the end of Friday, when we were giving Red back her empty pie pan  ;D ,  I told her that I wanted our picture taken together for Steer Planet......she calmly said, "It's getting late......we can do that TOMORROW."

doubled

Mr. Hook I didnt know that Cathy gave the pie to you, she emailed me earlier that week for a Cherry Pie recipe.  She was so excited to go to the show, she couldnt have asked for more - My Dad passed away the same way walking across the yard making cow fence carrying a pair of pliers in one hand and barbed wire in the other and pretty much died mid step- I learned then and there NEVER NEVER take life for granted.  Ive been so sad here the last couple of days but am glad that Cathy was doing something she so dearly loved, what more could any of us ask for??

justme

Brad,
If you didn't know that get this.  Cathy actually called the Today show on your behalf.  She was so tickeled with herself when she finally got someone to talk to her.