Braham semen sales

Help Support Steer Planet:

C-CROSS

My daughter works at a ET Center in Texas and they were given some Brahma Semen.  We are wondering where to go to find out if it worth trying or if the cattle were any good.
Thanks

LN

First off, it's Brahman, not Brahma, and what is the bull's name.

Was a registration number given? Go to the Brahman Breed's association Web site and see if you can search it.

CPL

The ET Center doesn't know how to check semen? Maybe cowboy will have something to add.

BIGTEX

I just received a semen catalog from Bovine-Elite Generics and
They had quite a few Brahman Bulls.

Ryan

Bovine-Elite and Ultimate Genetics both have quite a few Brahman bulls. Try their websites to see if the bulls you have the semen on are from there.

C-CROSS

Sorry about the spelling, I was in a hurry.  It is really old I went to the Brahma website on was born in 1977, 78 and 81.  I have names and reg numbers, yes they know how to look but are very busy this time of the year and she was just curious.

CPL

C-CROSS said:
Sorry about the spelling, I was in a hurry.  It is really old I went to the Brahma website on was born in 1977, 78 and 81.  I have names and reg numbers, yes they know how to look but are very busy this time of the year and she was just curious.

Ok I see, I've heard of checking a little bit of the semen under a microscope, but that's done right before inseminating the cow.