Brahman Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

DFSC

I have a quick question about what I should do with the heifer down below. She is a PB Brahman heifer with the breeding Mr Manso 135 on the top and a cow out of Mr Mainstream Manson. The picture was taken at about 4 and 1/2 months. I've never raised an American heifer, but to me she seems very muscular and structurally correct. Now what should I do with her? I've seen some great American X show steers or should I stay with a Brahman bull. I'm very new to raising cattle and would like a little advice from the experienced.

Thank you in advance!

Jordan

Attachments

• AJ.JPG
    AJ.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 609

DFSC

Could anyone crop the cattle in the background out of this picture? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jordan

Cattledog

Heatwave!  (lol) (lol)  J/K, I have never raised Brahman but it does make me wonder what the result of a breeding like that would be.  I don't know much about brahman but I do think that she looks like she represents the breed well.

DFSC

Ha Ha yeah I've never raised Brahman cattle so I have no idea what to do with her! My senior year I did have a brahman X char steer that was pretty awesome...I dunno.

Cattledog

Where are all the southern state people that have these critters?  BTW, I heard that Brahman can have nasty attitudes.  Is this true? 

farwest

is this a joke, why are there a set of legs coming out of this animal's belly, i personally would breed her to heatwave, probably would raise a great one, now don't call me an idiot dusty, it wouldn't be proper to all the real nice non confrontal people on this board

DFSC

lol no those legs aren't coming out of her stomach...that is our other brahman just caught the picture at the wrong angle. Attitude wise she is a love, she will follow you around anywhere! Now halter breaking is another story...

SWMO

Truly, Heatwave on a first calf heifer?  Go with an easier calving bull for her first calf.  Better a live calf than a dead calf and a dead cow.

CJC

I would bred her to a Brahman or a Maine. At one time Bramaine's where popular down here.  Far as attitude some can be pretty salty; especially if they have a calf.

Cattledog

CJC said:
I would bred her to a Brahman or a Maine. At one time Bramaine's where popular down here.  Far as attitude some can be pretty salty; especially if they have a calf.

My AI instructor told me that he had to teach a class once with only Brahman cows for practice animals.  He said it was like a rodeo the entire time. :-\  I have personally never dealt with the breed so I didn't know if there wsa much rellavence to his statement.