Bred heifer in Modern Beef show

Help Support Steer Planet:

johnmetzger

I was at a county fair over the summer where a 45 day bred heifer won the modern beef show out of around 50 steers. The owner wasn't sure if she was bred and didn't plan on selling her a the junior fair sale but did mention they would sell her if she was in the top 2 as the rules state grand and reserve are terminal. The heifer was DQed after a few complaints from a fellow competitors that they would contact PETA if the calf wasn't DQed. What are the rules in other county fairs for issues like this?

winning

I believe this happens everyday. I didn't help the animal if it was only 0-90 days.  Dairy animals are bred and killed daily.... Market heifers should either be lutalyse at weigh-in or vet checked. People talk and bitch too much! Its a cow...not a human!

iowabeef

My question is why should PETA care in this situation?  They are the people who think abortion is perfectly acceptable for humans......so is a bred heifer more important than a pregnant human?    People simply need to have something to complain about I guess.

farmin female

I hate clubby bulls and most people- HW is fake & overrated said:
winning said:
Dairy animals are bred and killed daily....
and that has to do with what?  

You think beef animals aren't bred and killed daily or something?  or sheep, or swine or horses?? or dogs?  

Wow.  Tell us how you really feel.

kfacres

farmin female said:
I hate clubby bulls and most people- HW is fake & overrated said:
winning said:
Dairy animals are bred and killed daily....
and that has to do with what?  

You think beef animals aren't bred and killed daily or something?  or sheep, or swine or horses?? or dogs?  

Wow.  Tell us how you really feel.

I really feel that there is no difference b/w the slaughtering of bred a beef, dairy, sheep, swine, or a mare female for human consumption- as compared to an unbred female... 

Besides- where do you think the hotdogs comes from?  Scraps off the floor, and unborn fetuses...   

shortii

Who ever the people were that said they were going to call PETA are idiots. Do they realize what that organization is about? If PETA could have it their way there would be no livestock shows at all. 

simmyman67

Really. Why in the world would you involve those PETA people? It's just an animal...not like you're killing a human. No different than killing any other beef animal.