breed a cow maternal

Help Support Steer Planet:

Clubby24

I already have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, just seeing if steer planet can make me think about it more. I have a Carney Man x angus cow that is very impressive. She is truly a dual purpose female, I don't have any pictures though. Anyways, what i am wanting to do is breed her for females to MAKE club calf producing daughters. I don't want any HW sons etc. Do not care about PHA, that is why Whiskey is my number one choice. She is good sized, not a dink and not a giant. She has perfect feet, udder, neck and is very stout and powerful from the ground up, but still very soft and flexible. She could use a little hair. I was thinking IW and WMW. I know IW won't give me much hair though. Any other good suggestions? Thanks.

Gargan

I know of 3 maternal perfection calves that are on the ground and all 3 have shag hair, big bone and stout. I know that is a small group to make a decision on but might be something to keep an eye on. I.w. would be hard to argue with. Another sweet maternal bull is x, x2 and x3

OH Breeder

Started to see some THe Black RUssian calves that were impressive. I agree Irish Whiskey makes some nice females. Just dang PH. Black Russian cheaper and full sib to IW. Patton would be a PHF twist.

Clubby24

Ahh maternal perfection. Didn't think of him. Gargan, who owns those calves? Thanks everyone.

Gargan

Clubby24 said:
Ahh maternal perfection. Didn't think of him. Gargan, who owns those calves? Thanks everyone.
Some folks in Ohio. I'll have a couple within a month.