Breeders

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy Up

Not sure if you guys have ever done this on this board, but I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to post what they raise, so if you have a question, you know who to turn too.

My family raises Gelbvieh, Angus, Commercial Angus/Gelbvieh Crosses, and just recently purchased our first Maine Anjou/Club Calf heifers to start that little herd.

renegade

Polled Herefords - now also getting into shorthorns and maine anjou and maine x to raise club calves.
Refuse to raise black angus but have been impressed with reds.

OH Breeder

Shorthorns, Shorthorn Plus, Maines, Mainetainers, Couple Simmi's don't we all have a CHI or two.

BCCC

maines, maintainers, angus, simmys, chars, and polled hereford, and a crosses from the mix. My favorite's though are the maines!

doubled

We have a few purebred Herefords, A radioactive Shorthorn Bull, A Hairy Bear Bull, A Charolais Bull (want some smokies) we have a few purebred shorthorn cows,
a few purebred maine cows, but mostly crossbred Chi/Maine Cows,, so lots of colors.  We were up to 50 cows but when my Dad died we reduced to 20, now that my son
is building his Herd we are back up around 40 again and growing hopefully, we are trying to build our own show cattle so we dont have to keep trading on so many.

vet tech

Club Calves. 45-50 club calf mommas with one being charlais and one being angus. couple shorthorn in the mix too.

red

maternal Maines & Maintainers. Not really big on club calves but want those cows that are easy keepers, calve w/ minimal problems & have good structure.
Also trying to head towards a defect clean herd.

Also the farm has about 50 commercial cows & feed out calves. That's where my carriers are now going.

Red

justintime

About 160 Shorthorns cows and bred heifers, and about 60 Angus, and Angus/ Maine cows that are bred to Shorthorn bulls for blue roans. We will be cutting back on both herds this fall and concentrating on the top end of the Shorthorns and our ET program.

aj

Got eighty some Shorthorn females. Been with shorties since 1975.Looking at Durham Reds real seriously.I'm 2 calf crops deep in that program. :)

Cattledog

I have 10 angus cows.  I am trying to get up to about 15-20 head.  I don't do any clubby breeding, although after looking at some of the calves here on the planet I can see why people have so much fun doing it!