Breeding A First-Calf Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

mchalmar

Hey y'all! <cowboy> I have an Eye Candy X Char/Chi heifer who I will be breeding in November. This will be her first calf, so calving ease is a must. She is structurally sound (*ALMOST* flawless), but needs more middle (daggum it!). I would like the calf to be able to be registered as something, but that's not essential. Help??  :'(

OH Breeder

mchalmar said:
Hey y'all! <cowboy> I have an Eye Candy X Char/Chi heifer who I will be breeding in November. This will be her first calf, so calving ease is a must. She is structurally sound (*ALMOST* flawless), but needs more middle (daggum it!). I would like the calf to be able to be registered as something, but that's not essential. Help??  :'(

Wouldn't be registerable
NOrthern Improvement
OCC Legend

Shorthorn Plus
Jake's Proud Jazz
Gizmo
Captin Obvious
Bellringer

Total Solution is XXbred that has been used successfully for calving ease. You can always have your heifer pelvis measured too. What ever you choose go for live calf. You are setting your female up for her productive career. You don't want a section to be her first experience.

I am not sure if the Ali Solution you would get what you need to register maine tainer. Do not know if Total Solution has enough Chi to register.

frostback

With her being a cross already look into some Purebreds. The shorthorns mentioned will get you half bloods. The angus wont get you anything registered but are calving ease. Look into Simmentals, there are a bunch of proven calving ease and will get you half bloods again. I used Grandmaster again this year on some Monopoly's and other crosses but wont know until March. The Chis mentioned will get you more registered Chis but they are really crosses themselves already.