Breeding for "Purple Roans"

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

I've heard rumors DLD is secretively breeding for the "Purple Roan" hair color genetics in some of the most obscure and well hidden pastures in Oklahoma.

Just received information from the the Tabloids, that this is true. DLD is in fact, having tremendous success with his "Purple Roan" program and is planning on cornering the market.

A paparazzi (photojournalist)  working for a high profile cattle magazine, sold me this photo. Yes, had to pay dearly for the picture.

D:\Exxon Group\img322.jpg

Attachments

• img322.jpg
    img322.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 279

Gypsy

Wow -  I had no idea that the purple roans were part Corriente (notice the horns!)  I'd better get in on this deal.  I bet the roper's can use these animals in the dark!  They look like they glow in the dark. ;D.  Sign me on DLD!

Telos

Gypsy, It is rumored, they scare off UFOs. Just one of these critters in a pasture will keep your herd Alien free. In your geographic location that could be a wise investment, but it might be better to wait until they're fully tested.

DL

I never saw a purple cow, I never hoped to see one, but if I had, and bred it to Sin City I would have a purple roan - maybe that is what DLD is up to, he got the cow who jumped over the moon, together they found the purple cow and voila!

On the ohter hand I think those critters you found Telos would be a good investment for Gypsy - but first find out who the breeder was!
;D ;D ;D

Gypsy

The way my luck runs, one of these in my pasture will attract even more bad karma aliens than have already been hanging around.  I guess I'm going to change my mind and steer clear of this deal.  (lol)

sjcattleco

(lol) (lol) (lol) in the words of the imortal Larry the Cable Guy

Now thats funny!!! I don't care who you are that is funny....I always wondered what happend to the cattle that the aliens came down and tested.... Kinda looks like a Beefmaster X Trump  or must be the after effects of too much exposure to beefpaca droppings

Telos

Oh my... Hope DLD isn't too upset with me for letting the "cat out of the bag" regarding his "Purple Roan" breeding program. I know he's been trying to keep it low key, but thought a persale marketing strategy would be good advertisement.  Kind of like a "trailer" for a new movie. DLD, you might want to chime in before we get carried away.  ::)

Gypsy

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)  Now that is funny!!!!! (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

DLD

Wow, I just got home and find Telos gettin' a head start on my promotional program - thanks, buddy ;)

Of course, this is just kind of trial run - those are really just some from the early experimental stages. We weren't really going for the neon effect, but it is kinda cool, huh? Interest in these things is coming from all directions, everybody from purebred breeders to steer jockeys to rodeo contractors to zoos want these things. We're looking into the possibilities of contracting out some embryos, so line up all your old carrier cows and give us a call... (cow)

justme

Wow those were special cows to have Andy Warhol make a print out of them lol (lol)