Breeding help

Help Support Steer Planet:

jconner2088

So we usually breed our heifers on just heat detect, we have two heifers that cam in heat over the weekend problem was we just happened to be in the hopital having a new little one. My question is how long do you have to wait to synchronize a heifer after she has come into heat and missed the heat. Would like to do one shot and just heat detect.

WinterSpringsFarm

jconner2088 said:
So we usually breed our heifers on just heat detect, we have two heifers that cam in heat over the weekend problem was we just happened to be in the hopital having a new little one. My question is how long do you have to wait to synchronize a heifer after she has come into heat and missed the heat. Would like to do one shot and just heat detect.

Ive waited a few days and put one with my ET recip group on the advice of my embryologist and it worked just fine.  He said sometimes they come back in heat, and sometimes they don't.  I had nothing to lose and it worked out.

Lobatomy

problem was we just happened to be in the hopital having a new little one.

CONGRATS ON THE NEW HERDSMAN. hope all are healthy and happy. Cows can wait when it comes to this huge news

jconner2088

Appreciate it,  it is my sisters first kid, first neice out of 6 boys so its a big deal for all of us. Finally get a pretty showman.