Breeding Open Heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

micpanda

I have a 3/4 Simmental heifer and a Chi angus heifer. Was just looking to see what ya'll had in your opinions to use on first calf heifers. Preferablly Maine or Club  Calf Sires.
Thnaks ;D

Warrior10

Jesse James is a no brainer in my opinion. He is doing great things and proving himself more and more with each calf.

micpanda

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
Jesse James is a no brainer in my opinion. He is doing great things and proving himself more and more with each calf.

Have you had any calves out of jesse james? if so, do you have any pictures?

Warrior10

micpanda said:
Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:

Have you had any calves out of jesse james? if so, do you have any pictures?
I have two due this spring. A guy I sold a bred to just had one this past weekend, I'll see about pictures this weekend. She was a really clubby Bojo daughter, calf came 5 days early and weighed about 65Lbs.

ROMAX

Just had a Manchild Xsimmi angus,ex show heifer have aGIGOLO JOE heifer 70 -80 lbs ,built real nice,and didnt have to touch her.

savaged

Mercedes Benz is worth a strong look, great females and low birth weights consistently.    The calf in my avatar is a Benz from a first calf heifer.

crzyrocknT

This is a Jesse James Hfr calf, out of a 1st calf hfr.

Attachments

• DSC01278.JPG
    DSC01278.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 175

New Showman

savaged said:
Mercedes Benz is worth a strong look, great females and low birth weights consistently.    The calf in my avatar is a Benz from a first calf heifer.

What does the dam look like? Can you post a picture of what the calf in your avatar looks like now