breeding suggestions

Help Support Steer Planet:

bryan6807

Looking for breeding suggestions for this 7 year old Ali cow. She is plenty big and milks great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• resized ali cow.jpg
    resized ali cow.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 176

mark tenenbaum

Maine-Big Guns, Duracell,Gucci,Wisdom,Open Bar,Predator,Dubai many others,Clean x-bred-FSF HARDLINE,Young Money,Thriller,Cool Customer,Troubador,Redemption,and a cast of thousands-Shorthorn-FSF Assassin, Absolut, Rock n Roll Train,MB Steer Maker,`Simm-NLC Upgrade, Rtc  Homeboy,Trauches Tailgater bull, Angus-Sooline North Country O0

grandchamp58

I think walks alone would compliment her well. Maybe Man Among Boys would be really good too.

leanbeef

I wouldn't call her "bully lookin" but she might be a tick coarse...a lot of stout ones are. My main question would be how is she structurally? Just based on the photo, I'd prob like to change her down her top a little, and that makes me wonder what she looks like on the move. It's hard to tell anything about her shoulder, etc.

You didn't mention what you're trying to make out of this cow, but I would think about soundness first, especially if you're looking at clubby bulls. I like the Angus or Simmie option on a cow like that, but I don't like the idea of Upgrade. He isn't a fix-all, and some of them can get a little too straight. I like our Hooks Titus calves real well, plus he's a baldy and he transmits the blaze face. The calves come easy, and they're sound made and production-oriented. I wouldn't call em clubby, but they do have some eye appeal, and your cow looks stout enough to work with him. There are some showier options, but I would still watch the soundness issue. A SimAngus bull should be a cool cross on her.

bryan6807

Lean Beef, She has no structural issues, sound as a cat. She had a good Walks Alone Heifer last year, calf was sound but was a market heifer prospect. I am looking more at getting females. I have had 2 different people look at her and both have said Believe in me or Unstoppable. I have thought about Duff Hobart or GVC Special Delivery. What Simmy bulls do you think would work on her? I do have 3 straws of Crowd Favorite.

Gargan

I80 would be a good cross for a female. Chopper could be a simmi option or look at The Foreman

sizzler14

If you wanna go simmy on her, I love the looks of Combustible. I am flushing to him next year

Warrior10

Good looking cow and heifer calf! I like the I-80 suggestion, his heifers are awful pretty. Maybe look into Grizzly Bear from Lautner's...he is a Monopoly x Irish Whiskey that is THF, looks like he could make some GREAT females.

bryan6807

Thanks for all the input and suggestions. I think I80 is out seeing as the cow is a Ali daughter. A guy looked at her today and said chopper would work as well.

jbzdad

I think Grizzly is PHA positive... might check that... I have some rumor mills coming and would probably try that

That walks alone really looks nice

I have a special delivery heifer this year... her Dam needs some rib and so does the heifer... Spec D didn't change her much

Warrior10

jbzdad said:
I think Grizzly is PHA positive... might check that... I have some rumor mills coming and would probably try that

That walks alone really looks nice

I have a special delivery heifer this year... her Dam needs some rib and so does the heifer... Spec D didn't change her much
Grizzly is PHAF

jbzdad

Soory about that... I knew I looked at him  and he is not on my "list'' ... no maine ... wish there was a clean 50 percent maine outa monopoly that looked like that

Latest posts