breeding to a hereford bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

hedgesjp1985

I have two registered limi's and im trying to get into the club calf business im trying to decide what to cross them on to get better cows.  I would like to breed them to the best hereford bull possible, any suggestions?  I was thinking of purple milsap or purple currency?  My hope is for a better cows.  I know that purple milsap is $100 a straw but if I have a chance at a better calf then im willing to pay it.  Any suggestions.

David Fosbrink

You don't wanna use those bulls. Youd be the best off with uzing about time 743 in mythe opinion. He adds style, bone, and a good hip. You should. Really like the calves.

Twoboysfarm

I agree with both. Those are two awesome hereford bulls that i have had graet success with on a purebred level, but i don't know about with limis. The dr. who would be a good idea but there would be a lot better bulls for your situation than the herefords imo. good luck

paj315

My dad has a purple milsap calf and it was huge, 115 lb actual birth weight. For me that's just an option. I would try About Time or maybe True Grit. True Grit is an About Time son. I'm considering using him on my sons heifer

AndersonCattle

I used a hereford marked bull really a fakeford but his name is Carpe Diem and he threw some stout calves and I have heard others speak of good luck they had with him too. plus my carpe diem calves have a great easy going attitude.