Breeding ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CJB

Have a nice 4 year old Mossy Oak x Meyer daughter that should be in heat any day now.  What bull/s is working best on females bred this way.

She's square hipped, level topped and has a good front end on her.  I'd like to see some more power in her calf though.  Thanks in advance for your help.

red

If you haven't had a PHA test done on her, I'd recommend using a clean bull, escpecially since she's a Mossy Oak.
I'm using Money Man on my Meyer's this year. She a little leggy so wanted to downsize those a bit. I also like the Habanero son's: Lifeline, Jazz or Kadabra. Or maybe look at Pale Face or Hard Core.
Guess those are my thoughts. I'm sure those w/ more experience on that combo can be of more help!

Red

Chap

for clubby production, depending on your aversion to TH carriers and the phenotype of the cow in question, assuming she is moferate framed and is heavy muscled but may need some center body and more bone.  Just guessing vs the pedigree..... I would lean toward Manchild, Sunseeker or the TH/PHA clean possiblity of Johnny Cash.  if she is really soft made and hairy I might think about Dr Who

red

Total Solution is also another choice.
Not sure though if your wanting registered calves or not?

OH Breeder

I just bred a Four year old Mossy x Stony chi angus to Jazz. She is moderate framed clean made. Very feminine moderate bone. I am crossing my fingers. He gives me an alternative and seems to be a consistent stand by.

farmboy

SRU said:
a trader friend of mine said habeger's manchild calves are awesome.

SRU, MANCHILD CALVES ARE AWSOME. THEY COME THICK AND HAIRY. NOT TO BIG BY THE WAY. MY 4-H ADVISOR HAS ONE FOR HIS FEEDER CALF. I'D TRADE MY JAZZ- SON CALF FOR HIM

Latest posts