Broker daughters

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmgal

What does the dam's side of the pedigree look like?

Looking to make a show animal?

Looking for CE for a first calf heifer?

Wanting to add/take away white?

(thumbsup)

Y-R Simmentals

The dam is OCC Legend. Looking for something that will show. The heifer is a blaze face not looking to add anymore white.

ccrider

PHEN Halftime, the calves are super nice and look like the will be competitive and he really helped out the numbers. 

One Eyed Jack, he worked pretty good, have not had any heifers out of that mating, but the bulls look good and they should be marketable.

Secret Weapon, the females are beautiful, we have seen some structure issues, but they are really neat!

American Pride, our Broker half blood donor has an AP heifer calf on her now.  She is just a baby, but she looks like she will go in the barn.

Hope that helped!

SimFarmer

I have a heck of a bandwagon heifer out of a broker/angus first calf heifer that is super big ribbed and wide bodied. He's not guaranteed calving ease but she was bred with sexed heifer semen. Definitely breeding the same way again. Also have 2 style bull calves out of a broker donor cow that are deep bodied but lack power. Bred that donor to WS Revival, I'm pretty excited for that calf.
The best calves I've seem have been sired by Angus  (insight, blue chip, style or first class) out of broker dams.

I'm really liking the locked and loaded sons, most of them have better ce and bw epds.

WinterSpringsFarm

Bandwagon would be my vote I believe.

I'd also be curious how High Regard would work. Steel Force and High Regard makes some awesome calves.

ATM OH

W/C No Remorse sure would make some interesting calves on some Broker daughters.

faycopa

SimFarmer said:
I have a heck of a bandwagon heifer out of a broker/angus first calf heifer that is super big ribbed and wide bodied. He's not guaranteed calving ease but she was bred with sexed heifer semen. Definitely breeding the same way again. Also have 2 style bull calves out of a broker donor cow that are deep bodied but lack power. Bred that donor to WS Revival, I'm pretty excited for that calf.
The best calves I've seem have been sired by Angus  (insight, blue chip, style or first class) out of broker dams.

I'm really liking the locked and loaded sons, most of them have better ce and bw epds.

Who sells the sexed Bandwagon semen ?

SimFarmer

faycopa said:
SimFarmer said:

Who sells the sexed Bandwagon semen ?

We purchased her bred that way but I have called Jason Minnaert to order some last year.

RankeCattleCo

I'm not a huge fan of most of any Lautner bulls but Blaze of Glory has been pretty sure fire calving ease for us. Calves are pretty stylish. I would say of the 10 we had out of commercial simmi/angus first calf heifers 5 had some Brockel markings and 5 were pure black, so I would have to imagine you'll have at minimum a blaze face out of a blaze faced dam. We also have a bandwagon running around that is flat out awesome, but I wouldn't label him as calving ease. If she's going to be shown through state fairs and fall shows I would stick with a Blaze of Glory, Bismarck, Comfort Zone, etc.

Mark H

If you want to know what works on Broker daughters has Harmans thye own Broker.  Right now the go to bull for the Hartmans is CCF Vision on broker females.  Another bull I would look at is  LFE The Riddler.  If you want to stack power then 3D BLK Full Trottle is worth a look;  he would not lower birth weight but the calves are impressive.