Bryan McKay Elite Female sale?

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

Any body seen the animals or going? got a question about a couple lots

blindsquirrel

Question on this sale looked at the catalog some nice lots but one thing struck me as kind of odd.  He is retaining a embryo
package in all the open heifers 8 eggs.  What if you dont get 8 eggs in the first flush do you have to flush again.  also he is keeping cloning
rights on all animals, so you can buy them but if they really turn out to be great ones he can have them cloned and sellem back to you in two years.
I found that kind of hard to believe.

GoWyo

I won't be there cuz I have enough heifers, don't have enough money, and most of all don't intend to buy heifers that are subject to an 8-egg flush and cloning rights no matter how good they are.  Sounds like a bigger pain in the rear than it is worth.

Bulldaddy

I wouldn't worry too much about someone retaining a flush.  Not sure about this sale, but sometimes folks say that just to make the animal seem more valuable hoping you will bid higher.  I would worry more about the TH and PHA status not being specified in the catalog. Lots of pretty heifers in the McKay sale for sure.  Also some really nice breds.  Wish they were pairs that had calved in the fall.

chappy

Lots of really good heifers as always I hope to be there. The videos are all nice but like to see in person.  Well feed and clipped to a T. from the knee up.  ;D

vet tech

Would like to know what people think of lot 30 in person. Also, what are prices usually like?

showsteerdlux

Don't know anything bout lot 30, but I would say open heifers would average in the $7500 range. Just guessing from memory as I don't have last years prices in front of me.

Sly

Most of those hereford appearing ones go really high.  In the past they have.

KCK

blindsquirrel said:
Question on this sale looked at the catalog some nice lots but one thing struck me as kind of odd.  He is retaining a embryo
package in all the open heifers 8 eggs.  What if you dont get 8 eggs in the first flush do you have to flush again.  also he is keeping cloning
rights on all animals, so you can buy them but if they really turn out to be great ones he can have them cloned and sellem back to you in two years.
I found that kind of hard to believe.

Didn't Sullivan's do the same thing in their sale that just took place? The Power in the Blood catalog had something along those lines in it.

Sly

A bred hereford appearing heifer went for 18,000 last year.  There wasnt any young ones last yearthat i can remember.