Buckcherry Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

George

What's the mother?  Hard to tell from the picture, looks like some great potential to me.  I'm a BC fan. Got a BC steer we will show this summer and another bull calf on the ground.  The steer for this summer is the hairiest, and one of the biggest boned best structured we have ever raised......if he keeps filling out we could turn some heads.

Good luck with the heifer!

OH Breeder

DBL J1 said:
Opinions please .

I often thought of using BC but didn't konw what he would really click with. He took great picture. What is the heifer's dam and do you have additional photos. The one you have posted is hard to tell because of the way she is standing.

sue

I love baldys especially red ones ;)

Nice

Cattledog

I don't think it is the way she is standing.  I think it is the way you are standing.  kneel down when you take a pic of you will find a better focal point while also catching them in a more natural state.  You may want to do a little more belly clipping as well.  Just tryin to offer some advice.  Feel free to take it or trash it.

OH Breeder

Cattledog said:
I don't think it is the way she is standing.  I think it is the way you are standing.  kneel down when you take a pic of you will find a better focal point while also catching them in a more natural state.  You may want to do a little more belly clipping as well.  Just tryin to offer some advice.  Feel free to take it or trash it.

excellent point. I always try to get down on there level as the angles say it all. you can manipulate the thickness and volume of a calf just by getting down low etc.  (thumbsup)

This is just my point, but, when I post something on the forum I usually try to get one of the better pictures that flatters the calf. I expect criticism but try to put them in their best light. It takes hours and hundreds sometimes photos just to get a good one. Be patient and get yourself a bucket with your camera and just sit. Sometimes it is when you least expect it they just walk into a pose. I like the little gal you have pictured but would like to see some different angles.

linnettejane

wow, havent heard play ray in a while....i had a cow out of him...loved her...she was a black eyed baldie and every calf she had was that way too...nice heifer

dimebag

New picture of the heifer , taken this past weekend @ her first show .

Attachments

• Cherry.JPG
    Cherry.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 217