Buckeyes- the yummy kind

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

OK, all you OH IO fans. Here is a good buckeye recipe. A must for any party!

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups sifted powered sugar
3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate ships
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

1. Beat p-nut butter & butter at medium speed until fluffy. Add vanilla, beating well. Gradually add powered sugar at low speed. Mix until well blended.
2. Shape into 3/4-inch balls & place on a cookie sheet lined w/ wax paper. Insert a wooden toothpick into the top of each ball. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
3. Melt chips & oil in the microwave or a double boiler pan over simmering water. Stir until chips are all melted.. Dip each ball into chocolate mixture coating 3/4 of the ball.. Place back on wax paper lined pan. Chill until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

GO BUCKS!!!!!
Even if you're not an OSU fan, you'll still like these. Call them horse nuts if you're from Michigan!  ;) or LSU!  ::)

farmboy

not that this has to do with the recipe but...

I saw a shirt, on the front it said beat LSU, on the back it said: so LES can fell like hes coaching michigan  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

frostback

Well I baked. I know its a shock but I baked or at least tried. Now hopefully the cleaning fairy will come tonight. I tried Reds Buckeyes and Rice Krispies. Is it considered baking if you dont use the oven?

red

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) Frostback!!!
Yes, it's considered baking/cooking or slaving over a hot oven if you are even in there for 15 minutes! Good job, I'm proud of you.

Red

red

try this one. It's easy & my hubby's favorite!

Butterscotch Cream Cheese Bars  (clapping)

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Butterscotch Morsels
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups chopped walnuts
2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

MICROWAVE morsels and butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in crumbs and nuts. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining mixture into ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.

BAKE for 12 minutes.

BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and lemon juice. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.

BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds; refrigerate.

justme

I made Red's Rice Krispie squares and she has a cornflake cookie one that looks like wreaths over the fireplace while the electric was out.  Wow I felt like Ma off of Little House on The Prarie.  BUT...it will be a fun memory for the kids

Latest posts