BUCKLE UP!

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

I usually try to have a light heart when I post.....but not this week, not at all.

Our community lost a beautiful 17 year old last night.    One car accident in broad daylight.

Please take those 3 seconds to buckle up.  Please slow down.  Nobody cares if you are 10 minutes late.

We all need a wake up call sometimes about what is important and what isnt.  Take care of each other, but take care of yourselves, too.!!!

red

in the Columbus, OH area 7 students have been killed within a 2 week time period.

Lost a good friend in HS to high speed & a rail road track. Closed casket.  :'(

Red

fluffer

Our truck dings if you don't put your seatbelt on.  I will be talking to my hubby on the phone and hear it ding.  I tell him to put on his seat belt every time I hear it.  I just don't understand why people don't put it on.

I know someone who was hauling a trailer and hit black ice, the truck and trailer spun and the passanger grabbed the door handle as a reflex.  This caused the door to open (ford truck) and flung him across the median and 2 lanes of traffic.  He could have easily been run over by the truck and trailer.  Lucky for him he had his heavy carharts on and escaped with just some "minor" injuries given the circumstances.  From that day on he wore his seat belt even if he was going a mile down a little back road.  He was killed in a farm related accident in Feb.  You can never be too cautious!

Cowz- sorry to hear about your communitys loss  :'(  (angel)

PLEASE BUCKLE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fluffer

ShowmanQ

I never used to wear my seat belt. A month after I got my license I was driving like an idiot and ened up rolling a car in a cornfield. For some reason I had put my sealt belt on. When the car came to a stop on, its drivers side, I was standing on the drivers door with my head out the passenger window and the steering wheel shoved into my crotch. I was absolutely un-harmed. I crawled out of the passenger window and broke down and cried. Worst of all, it was only about 2-300 yards from our farm and my dad had been outside feeding and heard the noise and my scream. When I was taken to the hospital, the officer was going to cite me for not wearing my seat belt, because of the position I had been in when the car stopped it seemed impossible that I had been wearing it. I lifted my shirts and had marks on my chest and shoulder where the seat-belt had dug into my skin. I am lucky to be alive!!! I now where my seat belt every time i get in a vehicle. A SEAT BELT SAVED MY LIFE :'(

showgirl2010

Same here.  Me and my sis was heading to get a mothers day present and got to just hang out one friday and i ended up rearending a person and totaled my moms car.  Thank goodness I wear my seat belt and make everyone in the vehicle wear one too.  I wasn't driving badly or anything, the roads were wet and I had just turned my head for a split second to admire a lawn and just like that it happend, because I couldn't stop fast enough.  I did learn a very good and suprisingly inexpensive lesson, because we got all our money back on the car with a few dollars extra.  So yes seat belts do save lives.

Jamie

jlcattle

Our community lost a high school senior last Satuday morning. He was scheduled to graduate next week. I too do not usually wear my seatbelt but I am trying to learn a new habit. 

ShowStopper

Please keep this family and their friends in your prayers. It has been a rough week for the entire community. I was actually talking to one of the school officials that has been working there for the better part of 20 years and this is the first student that this school has ever lost in an accident such as this. The school has been a wreck and what everyone needs now is a little prayer.

Again...about the same situation here. My sister rolled her car about a month ago. She was wearing her seatbelt and that was the only thing that saved her.