bull calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

ty378

Hey I have a jan this year bull calf I looked the other day and he only had one teste in the sack the othe about half in the sack he pulls it up and now it is like alomsot lenght ways, he cases cows the 2 testes apper tobe the same size does anyone have any info or things I can do to get it to drop

tcf

Give him time is the best thing, he is just a calf. Just let him be, grow and do as calves do. Come sorting time, or branding or weaning whatever you do if it has not fully dropped and began regular development it could be a good idea to steer him.

Boot Jack Bulls

I would tend to agree with the sale barn suggestion or  wait and castrate route. The tech who does our bull evaluations and testing will tell you how important proper growth and placement of the testes is in production. Things like twisted testes, which this sounds like this case might turn into, is not something you can fix. He also stresses that the traits relating to this are highly inheritable and that any bull who has these sorts of issues, even at such a young age, should not be put into production. Sorry to be such a downer, but you don't want to be the guy who sells a bull with a nut  problem. Maybe you will luck out an he will be a great steer prospect! (thumbsup)

ty378

thanks the vet said he will most likley drop it he culd have got wacked they are the same size are not twisted he has full control over it like if you touch it he can pull it up he even is a really good heat detector, he is pushing 400 pounds he is a tank