Bull Evaluation from last year

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

This is for new members that weren't on last year. We had OSU come out & evaluate our 2 herd bulls. It was very interesting & helpful. should have done it this year but ran out of time.

Sorry, the pictures a little graphic. Might need some parental explaining to do. but then most farm kids seen a lot worse!

index.php

our red/white herd bull. He tested excellent
index.php

pro-jack.

index.php

chambero

We try to get this done every year by our vet.  Worth every penny.  Its actually pretty cheap.

My worst cattle working story ever came from this kind of testing done by our "old" vet.  I've posted it before, but here goes.  Our vet wanted us to take the bulls to him.  His facilitiies were a little "weak".  We had a three or four year old Cunia grandson that didn't think much of the stimulation.  We got him tested, but he went nuts after being turned out of the chute - as in lost his mind.  The bull tore up several pens made out of the "cattle panels" with the square welded wire.  He treed every one of us and would charge anything that came close to the big lot he wound up in.  To make a very long and painful story short, the situation generated to a a trailer being backed up to a gate by a barn, with the old vet up on top of the barn beating the bull over the head with a shovel.  The bull was rearing up on both back legs trying to get to the vet on top of the probably 8' high barn.  The vet finally jumped on top of the trailer and the bull followed him in.  We got the gate shut, and my wife called her dad and told him we were heading to the sale barn.  No way was he going back in a pasture.  That animal would have never been the same.  I had to get on top of the trailer to open the gate to let him out.  That was one unhappy dude made worse by our "former" vet.

Latest posts