Bull for a Paddy O'Malley daughter

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

I an looking for a bull to breed to a Paddy daughter.  She isn't tested yet so it would need to be PHA free.  I don't really have any good pictures because I just got her up her and I am getting ready to leave for college so it will be a while before I can get more.  It is hard to tell what all I would like to fix because she is still changing a lot and everytime I see her she is a lot different.  I would like to clean up the front and add some width for sure though.

Attachments

• IMG_0614x2.jpg
    IMG_0614x2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 313

Ruchian

Here's a liink to the pedigree of the bull she is bred to for her first calf.  It is a really nice bull with some good genetics.

http://maine-anjou.weaveyourwebdreams.com/breed/pedigree.asp?RegNo=377947

OH Breeder

Northern Improvement
Makes them pretty. Grow like weeds and come small. Ours were hairy critters.
Traveler T510
Growers little more body, great females and also come small
Ali
Not my favorite but some like. We did have small calves but they didn't grow much. Others have had great luck with him.
Gizmo
Lively calves do well, small and grow. has some body to them.

Joe Boy

I think it depends on what you want in your calf.

I would breed her to one of the following if she were mine:

Lifeline
Giggilo Joe
Smokin Joe
Triple X

Each of these bulls will do something a little different for you and you would have to select for what you want.  Lifeline is good for producing square calves that eat and work well for slick shorn.  Giggilo to me will produce good maternal aspects of your heifers and great replacements.  Smokin Joe's will probably be larger than the others, but not thicker...and Triple X will give you some Chi-An that will help the offspring hold their heads up and gives them a pretty picture in the ring that shows naturally.  I love all of these bulls for different reasons.  There are many others that are really good too.

Latest posts