Bull Hall of Fame- Ankonian Dynamo

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

ankonian_dynamo.jpg

This bull come from Knabe. Who suggested him because" he's a standout bull for performance and looks, though #'s look strange by today's standards.  a bull that laymen knew who he was.  set standard for good females, and marketing hype.
Red Angus
Ankonian Dynamo, The Popular, dominating Emulous sire for growth, maternal, and the show ring happened to like him too, but don't hold that against him.  A 2,400 pound bull.  He carries the Red Gene and is the second most influential sire in the Red Angus breed
Tops among the young sires from the Emulous line were Ankonian Dynamo. He was out of Miss Emulous B by Emulous Pride 70. Dynamo was a great performer, a great show bull, a great sire and a profuse semen producer. He was used heavily in the Ankony breeding program, with no semen sales to any other breeders. Literally hundreds of his daughters were retained in the herd.

dynamo.jpg

Calved 02/15/70 •# 6639770RFD           
            Emulous Bob of K Pride
Emulous Pride 70 (FX)
          Gaines Lady           

Emulous of T N 19
Miss Emulous B
          Miss Emulous 8

Production 
CED                BW                      WW                    YW                  YH                  SC 
+5  .86      -.1  .94              +9  .95            +16  .93          -.1  .74        -.29  .52 

Maternal 
CEM            MILK                  MKH/MKD                    MW                MH                $EN 
+1  .87    +2  .95              659 / 2928            +15  .50          +.1  .51            +0.4   

Carcass 
CW                              MARB                          RE                      FAT                          GRP/PRG 
-2  .05                    +.24  .05                    -.04  .05          +.006  .05                    N / A   

Ultrasound 
%IMF                            RE                            FAT                                  GRP/PRG 
+.05  .05              -.03  .05                  +.007  .05                                N / A   

$Values 
WEAN VALUE        FEEDLOT VALUE        GRID VALUE            BEEF VALUE           
($W)                            ($F)                            ($G)                      ($B) 
+7.95                      -25.19                      +21.10                    -5.24 

AnkonianDynamo.jpg

shortyjock89

That is a heck of an Angus bull  (clapping) 

I just found out today that when my grandpa used to run a big herd of Angus cattle on this farm, he used a couple sons of Dynamo in the AI program (it was in its infancy, but here nonetheless!) we had a couple granddaughters of Dynamo until my dad went off to college and grandpa sold about half the herd to pay for it lol.

red

That's really interesting Shorty! It's been neat doing the research on these older bulls. I've found out a lot of good information about some of the old bloodlines & the people that raised them.
Would be neat if you could ever find any old pictures & scan them in for us!

Red

shortyjock89

I sure will try to find some red.  I'll also look for the pictures of the original Shorthorn herd that was here in the early 1900's....ol' grandpa sold them off to get the Angus.  If he hadn't gotten rid of them, we would have been breeding shorthorns for about 85 years...what a shame.

Latest posts