Bull I purchased

Help Support Steer Planet:

3 Eagles shorthorns

This are very awful pictures, but this a bull I just purchased I hope he works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 222
J

JTM

Looks pretty good from what I can see in the fuzzy pics. Of course everyone is going to be curious to know what he is. Congrats on a new bull and hope he works out well for you.

3 Eagles shorthorns

Here are some better pictures. Please tell me how much you do not like him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 207
J

JTM

Looking at his information there isn't a lot to go from other than pedigree. In my opinion you could have done a lot worse on your first purchase. The bull looks athletic and ready to go as a 2 year old. Typically a bull looks their worst about at this age so he is in good shape. I think he will give you some lighter calves with vigor at birth but it's hard to say with the lack of numbers in his pedigrees history. Overall I'd say good purchase!

b_kackley

Doesn't look to bad to me. I might like to deepen him up a little especially in his rear flank, but overall from what I can see he looks pretty good. JTM is right you could have done a whole lot worse. Plus he is at an age where many of the bulls look a whole lot rougher.

Dale

He's a good bull--I like his construction.  We used to show two-year-old bulls and most of the guess work about development is past by then.  His pedigree has some classics as well as cattle prominent in some of the better real world cattle now.

Duncraggan

He looks to be well put together from the pictures, some interesting genetics, good luck with him!

mark tenenbaum

His bottom side is linebred to an important commercially oriented operation (JR :Hummels of Washington State -I believe)and probably one of the greatest commercially oriented Short bulls of the last 25 years BYLAND DAZZLER-Not only did he produce a couple national Champion bulls and a bunch of famous producing females-He :and the Hummel (JR) cattle listed are behind ALOT of the; K-KIM, Jungels,Lauer, North -South Dakoka cattle,and MANY performance cattle  in general. Hes got AFK power Play back there and resembles him with the length of body and frame-but overall really looks like a Dazzler to me. So between that and the oldschool 50s 60s cattle back in the pedigree-hed be a good one all around-looks good too-and should be pretty consistent to his EPDS. O0