Bull named Lutton

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

I think that he is a good bull. Personally I would probably use his sire instead. Northern Improvement has sired alot of good cattle. He is more proven.

Show Heifer

Agree with CAB, I really like Northern Improvement. But the flip side, I like the bottom side of Luttons pedigree (A&B Yukon). Also not sure if I would use him on heifers (don't know if that was your intentions)...heard his shoulders are a bit square.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
The reason I posted this is that I heard that there are some Angus bulls tested positive to PHA ,AN lUTTON was one of the names they mentioned along with another real well known bull. There was a lady that had a deformed calf in the spring who acused Lutton of  this on the breeders world , but had noreal proof.

Show Dad

Lutton had a few sons that might be worth looking into like Lutton's Lad of P A F. Owners are in IN. Some Lutton sons at Express Ranch are Payout and Phenomena. I like Payout better because he has more neck. But if you want some Saugahatchee influence then go with Phenomena.

You might want to take a look at Holiday Express he is out of Northern Improvement as well.

afhm

We have a really nice Phenomenon heifer.  They look like they will make real good cows, we'll find out in March.

afhm

She isn't freaky necked, but she is clean and moderate in her neck length.  She has a touch of brisket, but don't most angus.

CCCattleco5

Lutton is a great bull for show calves very popular in the angus showring. After the showring he does well not as great as you would want but he gets the job done. I have 2 Lutton heifers in the barn right now one is the best heifer i ever have and i believe she well be an awsome cow she got 2nd in her class at the national junior angus show and is due in january. The other is one we raised some people i have talked to believe she is the best calf i have this year and i have one calf that won her divison at national junior angus show. I really like Lutton i havent heard he died, but i believe he is one of the best bulls in the breed right now.

pigguy

is lutton the bull on topsire listed as lut? http://topsires.com/bull-pages/lut.html or exar lutton http://topsires.com/bull-pages/exarlutton.html

sunny

I thought all Angus bulls were supposed to produce only polled offspring - am I misinformed ???  I  had scurs on a calf out of GAR Integrity and a crossbred (polled) heifer.  I think maybe it was an old angus ad from years ago that said they would take the horns off.  Anybody else had horns on angus sired calves?  Is this common?  Also I hope someone will share with us who the other  (or others) possible angus PHA suspect is.  I remember in the beginning of the whole PHA and TH messes all we had to go on was rumors, but some of those rumors saved me from making some BIG mistakes.  Please if anyone has any information, pass it along.  Thanks!

Show Heifer

welcome Sunny!!! Glad you gained insight on the PHA carriers! It saved a bunch of us from making mistakes (or maybe I should say, misinformed decisions?).

Good luck on PHA/TH in angus...not saying it doesn't happen, but do know it is very taboo to mention it in the stalls and isles.

And, yes, angus bulls SHOULD only sire polled offspring. :-\

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I raise reg. Angus & Charolais an have used some clubbys on my Charolais an a few Angus.  But my best business proably is my Angus ,so I  AM VERY INTERESTED IN THIS INFORMATION OF BREEDERS USING Angus bulls on crosssbred females aan getting horns , cause if they do have horns,  it'svery posible vthat there are other problems out there. I forgot his name but THE one gentlemen who got ahead  of the maine problem is what I hope to do if there is a problem, an I doubt if to many of my Angus friends want to talk about this,any help is greatly appreciated an I know some of this could be a rumor but I also know that there has been a drastic change in the Angus in the last forty yrears. Forty years ago the ANGUS BULLS SIRED NO HORNS CAUSE THEY ARE HOMYZGOUS POLLED. Excuse my typing an spelling errors.