Bull Opinions- AFC Amaethon 1033

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ausley Family Farms

Here is a bull I raised. He is a registered Angus. His sire is PineBank Waigroup 41/97, dam is an Ambush x Precision cow. He weighed 830lbs at 8 months old and 1230lbs last weekend at 12 months old. He tested AM Free. Birth Weight was 85lbs. 12 months scrotal circumference was 39cm. I am looking for any and all opinions on him good or bad. We have raised several good Angus bulls in the past, but I think this guy takes the cake. I will be getting calves out of his full brother this spring and cant wait to see what we get. Thanks in advance for any input.

Brett Ausley

Attachments

• amaethon1.JPG
    amaethon1.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 178
  • amaethon2.JPG
    amaethon2.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 187

ruhtram

Good looking bull! I like how much stoutness he brings to the table. These pictures are of him at a year old right?

Ausley Family Farms

Yes. I got him up today and took some pics of him. He has just been out on pasture with a few steers. The PineBank line of cattle are suppose to be good grass efficient cattle. Even though this guy is on feed i think his feed conversion is pretty dang good.

CAB

Have to love the pure natural base width & chest floor in this bull along with an abundance of muscle & performance. He looks like he could throw some good gaining high cutability calves IMO.

Ausley Family Farms

Our feed consists of rolled corn, rice bran, cotton seed (hulls and meal), corn glut pellets, hominy and soy hull pellets. For a 12 month old I thought that he had good depth to him.

kfacres

To me, the picture looks like your calf is shallow chested... now, looking further into it.. I'm going to guess and say that he's not really; but when these pictures were taken, he was full and bloated up; which made his pecker area, sag extra low.  Is he an overly deep chested bull calf, no.. but if he's like every other angus bull in the world, he'll mass up, and get big chested by 4 years of age.  

body depth= fine
chest floor depth= maybe lacking
picture taken on a different day, before feeding time= good all around bull

ETA-- when I blow the picture up... I see a Big assed bull, that's also a short hipped bull.. I'd like to smooth the topline out; but then again, get him unbloated and that'll straighten out. 

Ausley Family Farms

He could be a little deeper chested. He was probably a little filled up at the time I took this, but these Pinebank calves have a tremendous spring of rib naturally especially the bull calves.

RankeCattleCo

Cut the BS said:
To me, the picture looks like your calf is shallow chested... now, looking further into it.. I'm going to guess and say that he's not really; but when these pictures were taken, he was full and bloated up; which made his pecker area, sag extra low.  Is he an overly deep chested bull calf, no.. but if he's like every other angus bull in the world, he'll mass up, and get big chested by 4 years of age.  

body depth= fine
chest floor depth= maybe lacking
picture taken on a different day, before feeding time= good all around bull

ETA-- when I blow the picture up... I see a Big assed bull, that's also a short hipped bull.. I'd like to smooth the topline out; but then again, get him unbloated and that'll straighten out. 

I get what your saying about the bloat but he's still a little lacking in that category like you said.