Bull Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

Trim his hooves, take a better picture from a different angle and I can give a better response. Overall a good looking bull.

OH Breeder

He is probably not my style for a breeding peice. BUT- what is his breeding? Age etc.

I agree with ITK= probably should trim feet and take a different pic. The one you have does not flatter him. I think he might be somewhat better than pictured. It makes his shoulder look a bit bold and sharp.

Telos

That's a good bull. Period. Great structural design with a nice soft pastern and foot size. Looks like he's got some testicle development. Could be a touch softer made but there are plenty of them to breed to. Just my two cents.

AStar

It makes his shoulder look a bit bold and sharp.
[/quote]

Which picture are you commenting on???????

OH Breeder

AStar said:
It makes his shoulder look a bit bold and sharp.

Which picture are you commenting on???????
[/quote]

The angle of the photo...study the way his front 1/3rd comes into the rib. I just don't think the picture is a flattering. I think the calf is better than what he may appear. I would like to open him up in the rib chest floor.

AStar

OH Breeder said:
The angle of the photo...study the way his front 1/3rd comes into the rib. I just don't think the picture is a flattering. I think the calf is better than what he may appear. I would like to open him up in the rib chest floor.

Your getting colder.Try again

OH Breeder

AStar said:
OH Breeder said:

Your getting colder.Try again

Not sure what you are getting at.
That is the way I see it. Just my opinion neither right nor wrong. Think the poster asked for opinions. Just not the best angle for the calf.

As I have said before, not all of us are breeding for show ring. What I prefer and like may not suit you or the next fella or gal. I prefer extremely masculine bulls and some may say they are too heavy fronted but that's what I like. I prefer cattle under frame score 6. But it really doesn't matter its what suits me and what I am trying to do.

AStar

I am just giving you a hard time.

The bull looks above average to me. I was thinking he might have a big jump muscle, looks like it took alot of pressure to get his back down. I guess we all see pics different.

OH Breeder

AStar said:
I am just giving you a hard time.

The bull looks above average to me. I was thinking he might have a big jump muscle, looks like it took alot of pressure to get his back down. I guess we all see pics different.

This is why I really like coming to the board. I have had folks open my eyes many times. i have had many people help me see things in different light. I just wanted to clarify what I might be missing. Its easy for me not to see things because I hate to wear my glasses and acknowledge I am getting old.  :-\

knabe

he might be still young enough to teach him a little bit at a time to pick up his feet and file them yourself.

it's not really that mysterious.

xxcc

Proverbs 12:18
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Proverbs 15:14
The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.

knabe

xxcc said:
Proverbs 12:18
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Proverbs 15:14
The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.

funny how you keep putting yourself in the second half of sentences.

jbzdad

man I get tired of you two guys picking on each other... do you have it set up so that if XXCC posts it downloads to your phone so you can make some piercing comment?... makes you look kinda silly from my standpoint...

xxcc

my point exactly...although some of what I stated was combative, it's evident knabe can't see the forest for the trees and doesn't recognize how his own steps tread all over his goals and aspirations.  if he could reign himself in, his intellect and ability to memorize documented fact might be useful.  as far what i've known, it's not what you know, but what you do with it.  some people get overwhelmed with their physical work load, but others get consumed with minuscule details that detract from the ultimate goal. the happy medium is hard to achieve, but should be attainable...that is unless pettiness insists on attempting to prevail.

kyfarmgirl10

Alright get back to discussing the bull harsh words are always going to come up on a discussion board even if they are un-needed... I have to laugh at the fact that this picture was taken at my county fair the one yr i skipped the show how did this bull place there ?