Bull Opinions?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RenFarms

These aren't the best photos I guess, but all I have I think. This is the 10 month old Galloway bull,  "Cochise", that we took to Denver. Any opinions or observations? Thank you.

*Updated. I found another photo. He's standing kind of silly, but hopefully not too distracting?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Cochise side show edit.jpg
    Cochise side show edit.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 247

RenFarms

Gee, thank you KAXX. He's out of a cow we raised, RFLTD Xanadu and a purchased bull,  Brass Ring Apostle. So purebred Galloway...and thus no names you are familiar with  ;)
I do like him a lot.

stumpy

I would be a lot more enthusiastic without the poor editing of his underline. Sorry if that's rude but really, come on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 687

RenFarms

Hey Stumpy, not sure what you mean. Unless you are seeing one of the heifers laying down behind him? 

RenFarms

Thank you Mark T, for taking the time to give a look and an opinion. i should look and see if I got (hubby actually) any photos of Calamity Jane C4, the heifer beside the bull. She's a beautifully ribbed heifer.

RenFarms

I was looking over ultrasound results from Denver and will add those here. I think his numbers are adequate anyway. US Was done 1/17/16
DOB 3/10/15. BW 75
Weight 757#
REA.  12.35
REA/ CWT.  1.63
AVG IMF.    3.18
AVG Fat thickness.  .07

He was weaned Oct 1 (no creep) and started on feed, eventually up to 2% BW of a 13% feed plus prairie hay.  I suppose IMF would have been better if we had creeped him or started on feed sooner. But we don't do either.