Bull Pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

Endless Meadows

I am looking for some pictures and informationon of some shorthorn and maine bulls can anyone help out with this list:

BBS Hope's Prime Time
DMCC Dr Pepper
Eionmor Mr Gus 30B
Highfield Highler 204
IDS Duke of Dublin
KilKelly Duke
MR Big Sky
New Age
Sangamon Leader 4
Woodland Improver
Ar Su Lu Heavyweight
Ar Su Lu Reggie

Thanks (cow)

Endless Meadows

Looks like I can't spell, but any information on the bulls would be very usefull.  Thanks :)))

showman ne

new age was the sire of doc holliday who had a pretty good run for a rasors and cates and bowman...not really sure what ever became of him

showman ne

no problem. i didn't notice woodland improver on your list before. i have a female out of him. shes just a cow. raises a calf every year but nothing special. i recognize most of the bulls you have listed but don't really have much other info to offer...

Doc

Endless Meadows said:
I am looking for some pictures and informationon of some shorthorn and maine bulls can anyone help out with this list:

BBS Hope's Prime Time
DMCC Dr Pepper
Eionmor Mr Gus 30B
Highfield Highler 204
IDS Duke of Dublin
KilKelly Duke
MR Big Sky
New Age
Sangamon Leader 4
Woodland Improver
Ar Su Lu Heavyweight
Ar Su Lu Reggie

Thanks (cow)

I've got pictures of most of the bulls located , just having problems with my scanner.
1-Prime time- His dtrs made me more money than any other bull probably. They milk good, little bigger framed, plenty of rib usually. They can be big & rawboned if they have a lot of Irish in them, or they can really be smooth made when mixed with American genetics. Just have to watch their back wheels.
2-Dr P- Bull that I think should be used a little more. Fact is I'm going to use him some this fall. He was out of an awesome Maine cow. The cows are usually good momma's , plenty of muscle & milk well also. He turned out some good steers & hfrs.
3-Gus- Never used him .
4-Culhane- Dtrs milk pretty well, usually a little smaller framed , but flesh pretty easy.
5-Duke- once again , nice dtrs, milk well , usually darker colors.
6- Kilkelly Duke- wasn't used a whole lot, the ones I saw really had some meat in them.
7-Big Sky- don't know a whole lot, have seen a few dtrs over the years. seemed alright , just alittle bigger framed.
8-Leader 4th- Hugh Moore in Il could tell a lot about him .
The others I never really used.
Most of those bulls will give you a real good cow base & maybe on the right cow give you a show calf.

Endless Meadows

Thanks for all of the info DOC.  It is really good to get some perspective on the bulls from people that have use them or seen cattle sired by them.  You mentioned to watch the back wheels on the primetime cattle.  Do they get to strait, too soft, or too loose in the hocks?  My overall goal for the semen is to produce some good cows for future years.  We are not really in the show calf business but will sell a few here and there cheap but more than what they would bring in the salebarn.  We are kind of focusing on producing  bulls for the commercial side of the industry and cows that can do well with very little.  Thanks again for all of you help. (cow)

Doc

Endless Meadows said:
Thanks for all of the info DOC.  It is really good to get some perspective on the bulls from people that have use them or seen cattle sired by them.   You mentioned to watch the back wheels on the primetime cattle.  Do they get to strait, too soft, or too loose in the hocks?  My overall goal for the semen is to produce some good cows for future years.  We are not really in the show calf business but will sell a few here and there cheap but more than what they would bring in the salebarn.  We are kind of focusing on producing  bulls for the commercial side of the industry and cows that can do well with very little.  Thanks again for all of you help. (cow)

Some of the Prime Time cattle can have too much set , to their back legs for some people. I had one PT dtr of the original Scarlet O'Hare & one that was a dtr of the original Robin R180 & they both were real good cows & made me as much money as any cows I've had.

Endless Meadows

Thanks again for the information on the bulls and for the information on the other bull via pm.  I was able to find a picture of one of the bulls so I am no longer looking for an image of Kilkelly Duke.  Thanks again.

Attachments

• HPIM0555.JPG
    HPIM0555.JPG
    585.1 KB · Views: 327