Bull with good feet/legs and muscle...

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

Was looking at Horn livestock website and thought this guy had a rare combination of muscle and nice near perfect structure. I like just about everything when it comes to his appearance. Super impressive.

Lovin the Business

Gargan

yea, you usually dont see one with that much power, be that flexible in their pasterns and have such a smooth stride.

Telos

Chambero. I've been trying to find out some info on the Shamrock bull. You had some herd bulls that went back to him. Can not find anything pedigree wise. Is there a registered pedigree on this guy?
He sired some good steers in the early 2001- 2004 era. You had mentioned a bull called Junior that went back to Habanero but there is nothing on him in the Maine registry. Seems that Shamrock was a very good, sound bull.

chambero

I dont think Shamrock was ever registered.  He sold in Kris's first Cream of the Crop breeding stock sale if I remember right.  Kris could tell you right off what he was on the dam side.

Mill Iron A

I have been hunting all over the purebred industry of a couple different breeds for this bulls hind leg.  You guys are right you just don't find that smooth stride, soft rear pastern, and a hock that actually cushions. I wish he was pb char or red angus that would be great

DLB

I have seen some calves out of him...that bull is "Loving the Business"-and he is flat good.  Calves are thick, hairy, sound and flat awesome.  They just got sold as show calves so we'll see how they pan out from there.  I bought some semen on him and will use him next year in my herd. 

Telos

I thought he was certainly impressive and bred right. With Lifeline (Sire of Yellow Jacket) and Shamrock in the pedigree he is certainly bred to slick for both these bulls have had their share of champions in the slick shear department. Shamrock is sired by a bull called Junior (ACA) that was bred in Nebraska and is a Habanero going back to Sugar Ray genetics. Habanero on both top and bottom pedigree. He also producing his share of slicks.

He is a far cry in phenotype from Heat Wave genetics but I hope judges start going this direction. He just ties everything together, IMO.

idahoag

Where can a guy order the semen?  I don't see a place on their website to order his semen.

krmc

This is a picture of Junior as a calf from 1998. His mother was a KK New Design x Angus. We thought he was a pretty cool bull for his time and he made some great females.

Attachments

• junior_1998.jpg
    junior_1998.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 241

sizzler14

I watched a bull sell last year  I think ti was on breedersworld. Anywho he was a 2 year smoke Who Made Who x Charolais. That thing was a mack truck and moved like a BMW. Jamie Campbell sold one hell of a Bull at the Ohio Beef Expo that was a Simmental out of In Dew Time. I believe he was called Storm Warning. He had won a lot back east and should have been a promotional bull, didn't sell super high because i think people were afraid of just how big he was. He was 2 and probably 2-2400 pounds (i suck at judging weight). He should have sold for 10k+ but didn't. My point is Loving the Business is yet another example of what my dad and I have said for years. The greatest bull of all times more than likely wasn't promoted or didn't get promoted hard enough and just didn't make it. Lautners and Now Rodgers do a fantastic job of promoting these bulls. An example is I-80. Would I use I-80 personally? No I wouldn't that's my opinion but they have marketed him so hard that everyone wanted to use him because he was hot, and when a bull gets used on enough cows, there is bound to be a few good ones born to put on a ad. I would just love to have the amount of money Matt Phil or Wade drops on advertising one bull per year. like Wade an Believe in Me or Matt and we will say Walkie Talkie from last year. Its enough to pay my college tuition next year i will say that. When I watched Loving the Business video in his working clothes and i guarantee after he has bred some cows in his life, I noticed his extremely good pasterns with great muscle and rib shape and not one spec of hair to cover any of it up. He is the type of bull who I feel could throw real good ones on a consistent basis. Problem is sometimes, you have 4 calves in a pen. You have an i-80 2 herd bull calves and a loving the business calf, some buyers will buy the i-80 because of name while the jocks will buy the loving the business calf and just change the name to Sire: Yellow Jacket. My main point is I am glad seeing people say they truly like a bull and the bull not having a huge name. This is why I say the greatest bull ever probably never made it big because of the owners name. (Not saying Horn isn't a big name because he is, but saying he didn't drop 10k in advertising like Rodgers or Lautner would have done). True Cattleman look past the sires name and realize a good one is a good one and  I am glad to see so many people doing it in this case  <beer>

BroncoFan

Sizzler14 said:
I watched a bull sell last year  I think ti was on breedersworld. Anywho he was a 2 year smoke Who Made Who x Charolais. That thing was a mack truck and moved like a BMW. Jamie Campbell sold one hell of a Bull at the Ohio Beef Expo that was a Simmental out of In Dew Time. I believe he was called Storm Warning. He had won a lot back east and should have been a promotional bull, didn't sell super high because i think people were afraid of just how big he was. He was 2 and probably 2-2400 pounds (i suck at judging weight). He should have sold for 10k+ but didn't. My point is Loving the Business is yet another example of what my dad and I have said for years. The greatest bull of all times more than likely wasn't promoted or didn't get promoted hard enough and just didn't make it. Lautners and Now Rodgers do a fantastic job of promoting these bulls. An example is I-80. Would I use I-80 personally? No I wouldn't that's my opinion but they have marketed him so hard that everyone wanted to use him because he was hot, and when a bull gets used on enough cows, there is bound to be a few good ones born to put on a ad. I would just love to have the amount of money Matt Phil or Wade drops on advertising one bull per year. like Wade an Believe in Me or Matt and we will say Walkie Talkie from last year. Its enough to pay my college tuition next year i will say that. When I watched Loving the Business video in his working clothes and i guarantee after he has bred some cows in his life, I noticed his extremely good pasterns with great muscle and rib shape and not one spec of hair to cover any of it up. He is the type of bull who I feel could throw real good ones on a consistent basis. Problem is sometimes, you have 4 calves in a pen. You have an i-80 2 herd bull calves and a loving the business calf, some buyers will buy the i-80 because of name while the jocks will buy the loving the business calf and just change the name to Sire: Yellow Jacket. My main point is I am glad seeing people say they truly like a bull and the bull not having a huge name. This is why I say the greatest bull ever probably never made it big because of the owners name. (Not saying Horn isn't a big name because he is, but saying he didn't drop 10k in advertising like Rodgers or Lautner would have done). True Cattleman look past the sires name and realize a good one is a good one and  I am glad to see so many people doing it in this case  <beer>

Just saw this thread while going though different ideas.  Amen! Preach on....!

BroncoFan

Best part of the thread Ig commented on was how steer jocks will change the names just to give them that winning pedigree. I believe there are a lot of great bulls that aren't promoted by the elite in the business.