Bulls from my travels

Help Support Steer Planet:

thunderdownunder

Here's a few bulls I managed to get reasonable pics of when I visited Canada in January- yes, the worst time of the year to go looking at cattle!

I'd have loved to bring a couple of these back with me... there were many others I saw which I really liked, but either didn't get pics of, or the pics I did get don't do them justice. I can honestly say I'm very impressed with the Canadian Shorthorns though.

Attachments

• Canada web1.jpg
    Canada web1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Canada web2.jpg
    Canada web2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 224
  • Canada web3.jpg
    Canada web3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Canada web4.jpg
    Canada web4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Canada web5.jpg
    Canada web5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 213

Koulee

I see that you made it to Alberta on your trip.  I have always liked the roan bull at Eionmor Stock Farm.  Eionmor Chieftan 63R was a bull that I was hoping to get semen on in the US.  I have a few daughters and granddaughter from the old Eionmor Chief 16H bull.  I was very impressed with the fleshing ability of 16H and that is why I bought those daughters. 

I see at least one more bull there. It has been a few years, but what can you tell me about them and the other bulls.

r.n.reed

I recognize the Eionmor bull barn as well.I was there in January as well shortly after it was built.I watched 80c snap one of those big planks like a toothpick rubbing his hind end.I can still visualize the look the Morrison's gave each other when they heard the crack.

thunderdownunder

The bulls are, from top to bottom:
- Saskvalley Sequel, a full brother to Ramrod
- Diamond Temperature Rising 28T
- Eionmor Ultra 2M
- Eionmor Ideal 82T
- An ACC bull... perhaps Hilltop can give us his name as I'm afraid I don't remember! He is a son of Northern Legend.

Hilltop

ACC General 4U. yes he is out of of legend and a diamond baroness- ghost rider daughter. His first calves are built just like him. <party>

sue

Diamond Regal Legend calves at Kolhstaedt's were very good. I am pretty sure this would be a son Northern Legend ? Talk about a bull that can but tradition back into the Extreme! The Fall borns were pea pod beef cows...I love uniformity.

Hilltop

Yes Regal is a son of Northern Legend. My wife still says she should of bought Regal the day he sold. My daughter has and showed a daughter of his last year and she is a very good female with a fault free udder with more milk than a lot of two year olds, but she was not pushed hard just to show. She came in from the pasture three weeks before agribition and she weighed 1440 there in November.
We have Regal's full brother here this year for heifers and are quite excited about that. Our last heifer bull is down the road LOL.
As far as our other son of Legend "ACC General" I wish we had more calves out of him this year but he will be continued to be used here for a long time. I think a lot of the PLANET folks would like his mother. He will probably be going to our national show in Regina in November along with a son of his that we are uite excited about. And he is ROAN!!

Hilltop

Hi Carla:
Here is a pic from today of our "Little General" and unfortunately our only purebred calf out of him.
He already thinks he is the "King of the castle"
He has always had the LOOK since birth.

Attachments

• General May 28 2010 025.jpg
    General May 28 2010 025.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 193
  • General May 28 2010 012.jpg
    General May 28 2010 012.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 180
  • General May 28 2010 059.jpg
    General May 28 2010 059.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 179

Hilltop

There is semen available from Northern Legend who is the sire of our General bull, through Diamond Shorthorns in Okotoks AB. He also is a white bull. I believe they have some stored in the US but if you were to get in touch with Dan he would let you know.

thunderdownunder

cattlechick said:
Those bulls look really good! Is there any semen in the U.S on any?

As Hilltop said, you'd be best contacting the breeder/owners direct to find that one out. Eionmor have just recently had 2 other bulls collected for export.

Latest posts