Bulls that sire the 'tamest' calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy

Hi all -- been awhile since I have had a chance to get on and post -- hope every one has been having a great early fall -- so far it has been beautifull out here in Nebraska!

For several years -- we used Foreplay back in the 90's. It never really dawned on me until later that they were ALL extremely gentle as babies -- the easiest to break and they just stayed that way. I still have 2 of them in the herd, at 9 and 12 -- they are the ones who seek you out if they see you in the pasture. One of them will come up and actually back up to ya so you will scratch her rear end! I have several names for her -- hehehhe!

Thier daughters are also the best -- one trait you can  never complain about is disposition.

McCollums have a bull they call Last Call -- a 3/4 main by Majic from a Habinero daughter that sires the best dispositions as well -- even better than the Foreplay did. When it all comes together -- baby doll cows that raise great calves -- what better is there?

Have fun every one -- it's a great time of year!

Terry

LinZ

i've had 2 HC HUmmer(Simmental) show calves and both have been amazing as far as temperments.. One I took to 2 shows for the heck of it and the other one I took to Denver and Regionals and plently of others.. She thinks she's ahorse.... I can walk out to the pasture gate and call Lady Lou Lou  and she comes flying, does tricks for horse treats...Loads in the trailer on voice commands..Backs off the trailer on voice commands..doesn't turn around just cocks her head around and backs out when I said Lady get out..  One of those cows that will never leave my herd.. I love her more than any show heifers I've ever had and that's saying alot.. lol..Her first calf has the best disposition ever too..

oakview

Most of the Trump descendants I've raised have had good dispositions, but that is common for Shorthorns.  I had a Trump Card heifer calf that would wade through the creek to have her back scratched.  I've had a few Rodeo Drive descendants that were a little more skittish. 

Hoosier

I've got a sun seeker steer this year that is puppy dog tame. second time he was haltered he got washed and clipped, never pulled against the halter when he was tied. probably helps that his momma's an ex-show heifer that was a big pet herself

Latest posts