Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

simmi1

Has anybody seen or have pics of calves out of Orange Crush, Milk man, and Monolopy.  Was thinkin about using them this year but dont know much information on what kind of calves they throw and what kind out cows they work best on. Thank you!

qbcattle

yeah i have seen good things out of monopoly, milk man has some good calves but to me is a little inconsistent. i havent seen any orange crush but let me know when u do cuz i am watchin out for his calves as well.

Show Steaks

Milk Man makes some GREAT calves. but you gotta work for them if you want them to come out alive(maybe schedule a  c-section the day you breed the female so your reservation is put in place)
Forgot to add. Milk Man had 2 class winner steers at 09 Iowa Beef Expo

SKF

Show Steaks said:
Milk Man makes some GREAT calves. but you gotta work for them if you want them to come out alive(maybe schedule a  c-section the day you breed the female so your reservation is put in place)

How big are the Milkman calves? My daughter used him on her cow this year just wondering how worried I need to be.

LN

Show Steaks said:

Are you kidding me? Is he a Belgian Blue or what???

reno1014

I have seen a lot of Monopoly calves down here in Texas, they have been pretty consistant in being square large butted and very hairy.
I liked them alot and one of his calves was my first pick.  When I went to Mimms to look at his sale calves for next weekend he had some
really nice Milk Man calves.  They were very square butted with alot of top...they seemed to track nice and walk with more ease than
those of comparable size out of Heatwave.  I am sure that they will be on the top of the sale sheet as they had alot of color and smooth
class to them.  If your looking for classy I think Milk Mans calves catch your eye a little better than Monopoly's...both are nice though.

TMJ Show Cattle

Both Monopoly and Milkman are doing a good job. Milkman not only sired two class winners at Iowa, he sired the champion steer at Tulsa in 08 and his calves have won several jackpot shows in South Dakota,Oklahoma,Texas and Ohio.

Iowacattleguy

I raised OC.  I will have a full sib to OC born in March.  Also, I  plan on flushing the cow this spring to Heatwave.

Show Steaks

Oc is a real cool  colored bull.

Milk man calves are just real square coming out making them  a little tough

BCCC

Iowacattleguy said:
I raised OC.  I will have a full sib to OC born in March.  Also, I  plan on flushing the cow this spring to Heatwave.
Any pictures of his dam?

Iowacattleguy

Yes, I have a picture of the cow.  It is picture out in the pasture from last fall.  It is on my digital camera.  I will have to download it to my computer. 

BIGTEX

Iowacattleguy said:

Isn't OC a Heatwave son?

Iowacattleguy

Here is a picture of Orange Crush's dam running out in the pasture.  OC is out Heatwave the original.

Attachments

• 100_3121.jpg
    100_3121.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 150