bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

eisses456

hi i was wondering if any one has ever herd of or used any of these bulls and what the calvees where like and what type of cows they worked best on

draftsman
after hours
stout
cookie monster
swossh 

thanks

cdncowboy

Be more helpful if you could give a breed.  I see your from Canada so I'll guess  that After Hours, Stout, and Cookie Monster are Limi bulls.  After Hours could add a little style,  but as I recall pretty much ended up being used mostly as a calving ease bull.  If the Stout you speak of is a Limi never used him and never seen anything really good outta him, they were lacking guts and got a little leggy.  Cookie Monster came from a helluva cow family, don't know much about his calves though. Hope that helps a little

xxcc

i would actually guess that a couple of these are Maine bulls.  i.e. stout is maybe JDS Stout, swossh is actually NEEL Swoosh, and if we knew the herd prefixes to each, we may be able to be more helpful.

eisses456

hey thanks for the feed back i was wanting to use one of these bulls to try and get a good show steer  this is just some of the semen that was avaliable to me and i was wondering if any one thoght it would work for my goal or not i was told that it was club calf  semen  i alos have the can codes if that would be more helpful

marsh

Cookie Monster is a Full Flush son out of a Meyer cow.  I have had a few over the years that were pretty good.  They are pretty moderate with a lot of hair, bone, pretty thick, and very stylish.  Stout is a Maine bull that was owned by Reed Cattle Co. in Indiana.  He was pretty popular in the early 90's.  He sired some great females and some are still donors today in some herds.  The calves I had from him were all steers that were thick and good boned, but just not classy enough. 

K_State_Katy

Are you talking about the 7/8ths Shorthorn Bull After Hours? K-Kim Cattle Company in NE has used him a good bit. They have a great look to them, K-kim has a great set of calves and the After Hours were one of two sire groups that every single calf just popped out at me as being better/having more look than the rest.