Bullseye Heat Detection System

Help Support Steer Planet:

okcc

Has anyone used the Bullseye Heat Detection System? If so, what did you like/dislike about it? I'm thinking about about buying one of the systems and am curious to see the results- both positive and negative about the product. Thanks, chad.

Wiley

The creators of the system actually ran them on my cows last fall....did a good job they are all bred, i like that the infromation about their stands are located on the hand held device so you can scan them in the pasture and have all the information right there....the hand held is really sturdy to i belive that one of the creators is on here every now and then so im sure he will chime in on this one

okcc

Thanks for your input wiley! I have a couple more questions for you. Did you have problems with the the devices falling off the cows? Were the devices easy to take off the cow when you were ready for them to com off?  Thanks

Wiley

The units set in a pouch thats made of some pretty tough material its glued on top of the tail head and none were ever lost we had a few fall of but that was becuz i had some cows that it took almost 2 months to cycle...the cool thing is the had scanner works from a hundred or so yards away so if you ever do lose a pouch you know if your pretty close to it or not....the glue thats used to hold them on is pretty much the  same stuff thats used to hold on sale barn tags so it dosn't come off for nothing the only reason the ones that did come off were becuz they grew alot of hair and the glue got a lil weak since it was on for two months when you take them off i would recomend just saving their hair off in the spot the pouches were on easiest way to remove the glue any more questions just ask