Buying a Blower

Help Support Steer Planet:

kvhranch

Okay, we got by borrowing at fair, but I now understand you really need a blower all year to get that hair to grow.  So.....

Where is the best place to buy?  Best time?  Best type?  I'm going to have to save pennies a few months to get enough saved, but I want to start now planning and research the best place and time to buy one.  Are there generally good deals at the Denver Stock Show?  Or better off shopping on the internet or some other place in the Denver area that would be a good buy.  I've been trying to locate a used one, but haven't really seen any listed any where.

Thanks for any advice.

Duffer

Sullivans Air Express 3s are the best in my opinion.  Sinnamon Show Supply in Kokomo Indiana gets several trade ins around Hoosier Beef Congress time First weekend in December.  Also comming off of the state fair Im sure that Scott has several to choose from.  All used blowers are inspected and repaired as needed before he sells them.  They ship ups daily. 
Adam

blackcows

My opinion would be to buy a new one, you usually don't save that much money buying a used one and my guess is that most of the people trading in blowers are trading them in because they have seen lots of use and to save $50 wouldn't be worth it to me.

firesweepranch

We just bought a used one through Sullivan's. $280 for a used one versus $398 for a new. A big savings for us, and it comes with a warranty. The hose was shorter, but we can deal with that! I just called and put my name on a list and when the color came in I wanted, they called me. Ask for Bobby (IIRC).

Belties R Us

a shorter hose gives more blowing power. if you are interested we have a circuiteer 2 for sale that is refurbished and in great condition. Right now it just has a coat of primer on it and we are waiting for someone to purchase. It is $200. We have fixed multiple others and bought our first blower for $5 because the supply company thought the engines were junk. It just needed berings which was a $10 fix. We have experiance fixing them before and dont need three blowers for owning one show cow and one calf. pm me if interested.