Buying cameras on Ebay? Sort of non cattle

Help Support Steer Planet:

OhShOwEr

Looking to buy a Nikon Camera, was looking on Ebay today and saw what I thought was some pretty good deals, has anyone bought their camera off of ebay, How did it work out for you?

jason

A lot of times with electronics, you need to make sure the seller is an authorized seller for that particular brand or you might not be able to get any warranty work done.

Other than that just make sure the seller has good feedback and the product is new, not refurbished, unless you want refurbished.

jlingle

I've bought hundreds of items off ebay, electronics included & only had one bad experience.  I'll take that anyday.

Jill

The only thing you have to watch for is that the product is a brand new not one that was returned refurbished and being resold.

SlickTxMaine

I bought a digital and a video camera as well as other electronics off ebay.  All were great!  Check feedback - very important!!!  Also read the description carefully to make sure it is not refurbished or an open box returned item.  Unless you're okay with that.  A seller's feedback will tell you a lot.  Good luck!

kids n chaos

check Craigslist.com also.  you might be able to find one from someone local that you can look at before you buy.

jlingle

If you're not just set on a Nikon camera, we got a super nice Kodak from Wal mart (of all places) about a year & a half ago.  We had a gift card to Circuit city and just couldn't justify spending a $350 gift card on a camera at Circuit City, when we could get the exact same features in a camera from Wal mart, with better resolution for $150.  We bought the ZD710. 7 MP resolution, with a 10X zoom.  We got our camera, and the gift card bought our kids a Wii system.  Everybody was happy.

OH Breeder

I purchased a Cannon Rebel normall retails 650 for $380 with a zoom lens etc. It was a great deal. Private seller with great feed back. Had to watch and watch the auctions and get one that ended at an odd time.When you purchase you need to use Paypal to pay for it. They have a gurantuee. I have used paypal to settle dispute on a product and got my money back. Ebay can be great but as others have said, watch for refurbished cameras. It is 8.1 megapixels and shoots great pictures.

Latest posts