CAJS Blaze of Glory for heifers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

yellowdog5

I have an 800 pound 12  month old 3/4 Sim 1/4 Scottish Angus heifer sired by TNGL Grand fortune, would like to breed her next month to Blaze of Glory, has anyone used him on heifers?  Her dam is one of the easiest calving cows I have ever had, really short labor every time.  Very nervous about trying a new heifer bull, opinions please?

yellowdog5

Well I'm not as skeptical as I was, we just now had a Blaze bull calf 76 pounds  which is a little below average weight for our herd, on his feet in no time.  Last year we had one 80# from a cow who has had some big calves.  Would still like to hear from others, 2 calves certainly don't tell the whole story. 

WinterSpringsFarm

I have never used him myself, and know many people that have used him with no issues........But I also know a few people that have used him and gotten some real monsters out of him.

I can't say one way or the other if he is safe or not.  I also don't typically follow the crowd when it comes to heifer safe.  Looking at his numbers I'd use him if I liked him.

Uno Mas is pretty surefire, so is Shell Shocked.  Gargan can comment more, but I think Red Revolver is also pretty surefire.