Calf Climate TZ-WU Severe Duty Window Units

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ohio1

anyone use this unit? if so how are the results?

Calf Climate

Since releasing the Severe Duty window type units in March 2012, we've placed nearly 100 of them in barns across the US and Canada. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, with users citing the ease of installation and maintenance, minimal headaches, great performance, and low energy use as their favorite things about the units. Components like hot gas bypass systems, heresite coated coils, continuous duty motors, self contained construction, etc set these units apart from anything else in the marketplace for livestock applications.

Like any machine, problems can and do happen. We pride ourselves on having parts to the customer the very next day for on site repair.  In the rare case of a "buggy" unit, we generally just replace it with a brand new one and do thorough testing on the buggy unit to determine what the issue was so it doesn't happen again.  Not too many other companies are just going to bring you a brand new multi thousand dollar unit at their cost to keep you up and running in the heat of summer if something isn't right. I answer phone calls on weekends to help users with questions or install. I spent an hour on the phone Sunday night with a new customer walking him through the setup process of his new machine. I live and breathe this business.

We listened to our customers feedback from the 2012 model and made some significant tweaks to the 2013 models, including a new filter type, easier user interface, eliminating the need for the Cool Bot module for low temp operation (below 60) and made the overall footprint smaller to allow for a smaller hole in the wall for installation. The vast majority of any problems we had in 2012 units was related to the use of the Cool Bot module and user confusion on setting the programmable thermostat the unit came with. So by eliminating both those variables we anticipate very few issues going forward with these. Manufacturer defects are all handled promptly and free of charge. We have even fixed units under warranty that were clearly damaged due to operator error.

I'm biased, of course, but I believe when you look at the different options for cool room units, nothing really competes with the feature set, component durability, ease of installation, performance, and longevity of the Calf Climate units. There are certainly less expensive options, but I don't believe anything else out there is as good for the unique environment we are dealing with. Just like with trucks, nothing is perfect, and a certain percentage of units will have some problems, but we strive to continue to improve the product and provide top notch customer support after the sale.

We also offer several other types of units for various applications and budgets. Anyone interested in speaking with the owner of a Calf Climate Severe Duty unit feel free to email or call and I will put you in contact with someone nearest to your area.

Tallcool1

Calf Climate said:
Since releasing the Severe Duty window type units in March 2012, we've placed nearly 100 of them in barns across the US and Canada. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, with users citing the ease of installation and maintenance, minimal headaches, great performance, and low energy use as their favorite things about the units. Components like hot gas bypass systems, heresite coated coils, continuous duty motors, self contained construction, etc set these units apart from anything else in the marketplace for livestock applications.

Like any machine, problems can and do happen. We pride ourselves on having parts to the customer the very next day for on site repair.  In the rare case of a "buggy" unit, we generally just replace it with a brand new one and do thorough testing on the buggy unit to determine what the issue was so it doesn't happen again.  Not too many other companies are just going to bring you a brand new multi thousand dollar unit at their cost to keep you up and running in the heat of summer if something isn't right. I answer phone calls on weekends to help users with questions or install. I spent an hour on the phone Sunday night with a new customer walking him through the setup process of his new machine. I live and breathe this business.

We listened to our customers feedback from the 2012 model and made some significant tweaks to the 2013 models, including a new filter type, easier user interface, eliminating the need for the Cool Bot module for low temp operation (below 60) and made the overall footprint smaller to allow for a smaller hole in the wall for installation. The vast majority of any problems we had in 2012 units was related to the use of the Cool Bot module and user confusion on setting the programmable thermostat the unit came with. So by eliminating both those variables we anticipate very few issues going forward with these. Manufacturer defects are all handled promptly and free of charge. We have even fixed units under warranty that were clearly damaged due to operator error.

I'm biased, of course, but I believe when you look at the different options for cool room units, nothing really competes with the feature set, component durability, ease of installation, performance, and longevity of the Calf Climate units. There are certainly less expensive options, but I don't believe anything else out there is as good for the unique environment we are dealing with. Just like with trucks, nothing is perfect, and a certain percentage of units will have some problems, but we strive to continue to improve the product and provide top notch customer support after the sale.

We also offer several other types of units for various applications and budgets. Anyone interested in speaking with the owner of a Calf Climate Severe Duty unit feel free to email or call and I will put you in contact with someone nearest to your area.

He speaks the truth......customer service is fantastic!

We are one of the customers that busted a component that the manufacturer replaced under warranty.  They didn't even want the broken part back.

Ohio1

Thanks a lot! Currently using 2 window units which works well but I think this can go to next level