Calf Fries

Help Support Steer Planet:

wrc

We had us a big batch of calf fries, or mountain oysters, whatever you want to call them, for  supper tonight.  Now my kids are just about as picky eaters as youve ever seen, but they sure did like the calf fries and even ask if they could take them to school tomorow for lunch.  The funnest part was after supper when I sat my 8yo daughter and my 5yo son down and showed them what they ate on one of my sons PBR bucking bulls and then explained (to the best of my ability) <cowboy> why we cut them off.  Good times here on the farm. ;)

wrc

Jeff_Schroeder said:
It's illegal to talk about eating calf fries without sharing your recipe.
[/qOk, Ok.  I don't cook anything using recipeis, but here goes.  I mixed up flower, cracker crumbs, cajun seasoning, Head Country rub and pepper for my crust,  dip the fries in an egg wash, then roll in the flour mix and fry in a cast iron skillet till they aren't squishy anymore or your kids or wife won't eat em.  Then you gotta mix up some ketchup and horseradish sauce to mix them in.  Pretty good supper.  I really thought Oboma repealled the "calf fry law"  sorry.uote]

cowboybecoachin

Riskey's Steak House in the Stock Yards @ Ft. Worth does a great job on calf fries. Tender and good gravy for dippin'.    YUM!

chambero

Best calf fries (and awfully good steaks too) in Fort Worth are at M&M steakhouse - a little dive steakhouse just to the west of the stockyards.  Cash only place.  It's where Willie and his buddies used to go to hide after playing at Billy Bobs back in the day.  Owner is a cousin of a very good friend of mine.  Quite  a character.  Keeps a loaded deer rifle hanging behind his old-timey cash register.