Calf mana

Help Support Steer Planet:

Brandy

I have three four-month-old Jersey bulls. I feed them as much corn as they will eat and supplement with hay. How much calf mana should I be mixing in with their corn?

NHR

There should have been a measuring cup/cardboard thingy included in the calf manna bag. Key is to follow the directions on the bag.

NHR

Animal Amount
Dairy Calves Up to 1 lb per day
Lactating Cows 1-1 1/2 lb per day 
Beef Calves 10% of the creep ration 
Show Cattle 1-2 lbs per day
Brood Cows 1 lb per day
Bulls 1 lb per day
Foals 1/2 lb per day
Growing Horses 1-1 1/2 lbs per day
Performance Horses 1-2 lbs per day
Broodmares & Stallions  1 1/2-2 lbs per day
Goats 1/4 - 1/2 lb per day
Baby Pigs 1/8-1/4 lb per day
Show Hogs 1/2 - 1 lb per day
Gestating Sows 1/8 - 1/4 lb per day
Lactating Sows 1/2 - 3/4 lb per day
Boars 1/4 - 1/2 lb per day
Rabbits (Growing) 1 teaspoon per day
Rabbits (Lactating) 1 tablespoon per day
Poultry 1 tablespoon per day or
5-10 % of the ration

http://www.mannapro.com/calf-mannaTD.htm

Brandy

Ok. Thanks. That's helpful. I'm starting to take care of the cows so I'm ultra new at this. We supplement our chickens' and rabbits' diets with cow mana, but my sister says not to "waste it" on the cows. We get them for free from our local dairy when they have bull calves and raise them to slaughter young, usually under a year old. I'm hardly an expert, but I'm sure they'd benefit and maybe even bulk up better if I go ahead and give them mana. I understand mana is vitamins. I think they should get the mana, but since my sister's taken care of the cows in the past, it's going to take some convincing to get my mom to buy the extra mana for them. Anyone have an opinion on the matter?

NHR

Calf Manna smells soo good! I was almost tempted to put some in a bowl with milk this morning while out in the barn helping my daughter get the heifers in. 5 am is early but she has to get ready for school also.